More Accolades for Nashville

Guest 5th & Main Urbanite

13 hours ago, Binbin98 said:

https://www.fodors.com/news/photos/fodors-go-list-2019

This went under the radar in spite of the HUGE amazon announcement for Nashville but the 2019 Fodor’s List of places to go to features Nashville and has a nice piece written about it. I will say i am hoping to see more travel articles written about new nashville developments like Fifth and Broadway (with the NAAMM), the new Tennessee State Museum, and Nashville Yards etc... Nashville’s economy isn’t the only thing growing, tourism seems to be as well.

ARGH!  They're still using that same old shot of the skyline taken from across the river.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, jmtunafish said:

ARGH!  They're still using that same old shot of the skyline taken from across the river.

Actually a slightly different, and arguably better shot.  This one is taken from KVB, not Shelby (it'll always be Shelby to me).  You can see more of the skyline, as well as the other bridge.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, markhollin said:

Mookie Betts was named the 2018 MVP of the American League on Thursday. The award capped what already was a memorable year for the Overton High School graduate who helped the Boston Red Sox win the World Series for the first time in five years. He is a proud Nashvillian.  Also, David Price of the Red Sox is from the Nashville area.

Not a huge baseball fan, especially the Red Sox, but as an Overton alum and current Murfreesboro resident, I was rooting for Mookie and David. Doesn't hurt that they seem to be really good guys too. David built an awesome park for special needs kids in Murfreesboro.

• Like 3