More Accolades for Nashville

Guest 5th & Main Urbanite

Geesh... I don't get it.  Did some Travel Channel or other cable channel have some episode about a bachelorette party in Nashville.  People really do tend to get so uninspired when it comes to things like that.  Reminds me of a brother-in-law who will cook everything he sees on Cooking channel.  LOL

• Like 1

Yeah...when I did a short few weeks driving for Uber last year and mostly picking up travelers from the airport, it was crazy how many times I picked up a groups of girls here for bachelorette parties.  However...I picked up a lot of guys coming here for bachelor parties, too.  So...it appears we truly are becoming known as a good party town.

• Like 3

No other city can match Nashville's tourism hot streak:

http://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/blog/2016/01/no-other-city-can-matchnashvilles-tourism-hot.html

"Nashville's recent tourism boom isn't just in our heads. The city has now seen 60 straight months of year-over-year growth in hotel rooms sold and tax revenue from those bookings, an unprecedented streak no other city can match."

"By that measure, Nashville's surge has lasted longer than any of the 50 largest hotel markets in the country, in data going back 28 years. New York City, Chicago, Atlanta, Dallas, New Orleans and the nation's capital are among the cities Nashville eclipsed."

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
Here is the initial piece airing across Canada on the SN Network about Nashville as a fun hockey market leading up to the All Star Game. The feature that is more specifically about Cellblock 303 and other crazed Smashville fans will be out later this week. I'll post it when it is released.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, markhollin said:
Here is the initial piece airing across Canada on the SN Network about Nashville as a fun hockey market leading up to the All Star Game. The feature that is more specifically about Cellblock 303 and other crazed Smashville fans will be out later this week. I'll post it when it is released.

Remember when Canadian media criticized and belittled Nashville as a hockey market.....

4 minutes ago, markhollin said:

Here is the second piece I mentioned above.  Proud to have been part of the feature on Cellblock 303 and crazed hockey fans in Smashville that aired all across Canada tonight on SportsNet (the equivalent of ESPN north of the border). It was one of the segments during their Hockey Night in Canada broadcast of the NHL All-Star Skills Competition coverage happening here in Music City.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/predators-hockey-cell-block-303-is-something-to-behold/

That's the one that's going to "hatch the egg", Mark.  Now you're a real figurehead, so since you now epitomize the event in the Central South, that must make you our region's PoSTer ChiLD!

pizza-pizza.jpg.5177e9ec8f9ba7b95adfb64b-==-

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, markhollin said:

Yeah this was one of the best ASG weekends I can remember. Well, outside of the fact that Bettman was here tainting everything. 

I watched a lot of the festivities on the NHL network...and it made Nashville look pretty dang good.  Plus...the arena looked fabulous.  They've obviously done some "spiffying up" to make it look so nice...especially with a lot of the new LED lights.  (Do we get to keep that LED huge hockey stick thingy?)

• Like 1

Nashville's rise in development — and the range of issues that come with it — will garner a national spotlight in 2019 when more than 3,500 industry leaders in real estate are expected to visit Nashville for the Urban Land Institute’s annual meeting to discuss land-use and development issues:

http://www.tennessean.com/story/news/local/davidson%20/2016/02/01/nashvilles-development-story-take-national-spotlight/79670902/

• Like 1