More Accolades for Nashville

Guest 5th & Main Urbanite

Nashville is ranked 8th fastest growing tech city in the U.S., with 12.2 % growth in office space rental  in that sector between mid-2017 and mid-2019, according to CBRE.  high tech employment grew at 9.6% during that same timeframe.

“It is no surprise Nashville’s tech industry growth ranks amongst the fastest-growing in the country,” Frank Thomasson, vice president at the local office of CBRE, said. “Relative to other peer tech markets like Austin and Seattle, Nashville offers the combination of a more cost-effective option for office space combined with a vibrant economy and lower cost of living for employees.”

“And with the arrival of major tech companies, Nashville’s burgeoning tech sector will likely continue to gain momentum as more opportunities are created and the demand for talent increases.”

More at TheNashville Post here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/commercial-real-estate/article/21096244/report-nashville-sees-10-hike-in-tech-office-growth

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Nashville area home sales (9 counties) remain booming with another record-breaking month, rising 16% in October over the same time last year.  This follows a stout September of 13.7% growth.  Avg. home price in the area is $316,702, compared to $296,555 a year ago (+6.8%), and avg. condo price rose to $233,900 compared to $220,000 (+6.3%). It would appear that November is going to be strong as well.

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/residential-real-estate/home-prices/article/21096471/nashville-home-sales-remain-robust

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, chris holman said:

:tw_anguished: locals know all  these reasons well :tw_mask::tw_grin:

What a joke, and what a jerk.  This guy clearly is not local.  He says that Nashville is among the worst public school districts in the country because the schools are overcrowded, then he posts a picture of a Williamson County headline about overcrowded schools.  Idiot.  Williamson County's schools are among the best in the country, and Nashville's schools are NOT overcrowded.  He also says Nashville's schools are lousy because the state has one of the lowest per-student budgets in the country, completely ignoring that Nashville spends considerably more per student than the rest of the state.  I think only Franklin, Oak Ridge, and Memphis spend more.

And why does he have such a hard time pronouncing Murfreesboro?

But I do like this shot from the video:

image.thumb.png.68012b5c3520e0761be5f8951ea917ea.png

• Like 4

1 minute ago, jmtunafish said:

What a joke, and what a jerk.  This guy clearly is not local.  He says that Nashville is among the worst public school districts in the country because the schools are overcrowded, then he posts a picture of a Williamson County headline about overcrowded schools.  Idiot.  Williamson County's schools are among the best in the country, and Nashville's schools are NOT overcrowded.  He also says Nashville's schools are lousy because the state has one of the lowest per-student budgets in the country, completely ignoring that Nashville spends considerably more per student than the rest of the state.  I think only Franklin, Oak Ridge, and Memphis spend more.

And why does he have such a hard time pronouncing Murfreesboro?

But I do like this shot from the video:

image.thumb.png.68012b5c3520e0761be5f8951ea917ea.png

Jealousy will cause people to try to find anything wrong With a place 

• Like 1

On 12/5/2019 at 9:18 AM, Binbin98 said:

Also some good news for Tennessee, Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg both made the 2020 list for the Travel + Leisure magainze. I am happy about this as both of these places are highly underrated from a tourism perspective.

How on earth are Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge underrated?  They're about the tackiest, schmaltziest, most overrated tourist trap nightmares in the western hemisphere.  Those towns exist solely because they are so wildly popular with tourists and get millions of them every year.  Well, at least Gatlinburg is snug in the mountains so it's got that going for it.  But underrated?  Hardly.

Edited by jmtunafish
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 12/1/2019 at 2:10 AM, chris holman said:

:tw_anguished: locals know all  these reasons well :tw_mask::tw_grin:

I know many will disagree with me, but this video is actually a very good representation of Nashville. In total, it paints Nashville as a good place to live and visit, but does accurately point out the issues we have here. It seems he did honest research. I was expecting something terrible, but agreed with every point in the list. I think we're so used to hearing Nashville be praised that we're shocked when someone points out the negatives, even if they're true.

• Like 3

Home sales in Nashville area were strong again in November, up 9.4% over the same month in 2018.  Average price also rose from $295,000 to $322,500 (up 9.3%), and condos rose from $221,250 to $242,900 (up 9.8%).

More at NBJ here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2019/12/10/greater-nashville-posts-strong-november-home-sales.html?iana=hpmvp_nsh_news_headline

• Like 4

15 hours ago, dReAmWiELdEr said:

Would anyone happen to know how this compares to Atlanta?

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

https://www.noradarealestate.com/blog/atlanta-real-estate-market/

This seemed pretty comparable... but I’ll try and find some more things later tonight. Ik it’s the same in Nashville, but these averages have had very different affects in certain places  where home values have greatly increased, stated similar, or even decreased.

Edited by Ric0_0
  • Like 1

https://www.noradarealestate.com/blog/atlanta-real-estate-market/

This seemed pretty comparable... but I’ll try and find some more things later tonight. Ik it’s the same in Nashville, but these averages have had very different affects in certain places  where home values have greatly increased, stated similar, or even decreased.
Awesome! This is great, thanks!

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk