More Accolades for Nashville

Guest 5th & Main Urbanite

4 minutes ago, markhollin said:

Nashville once again deemed #1 city in nation for bachelorette  parties in U.S. by The Bach website. The article also states it should be a recored-breaking year since so many weddings were postponed last year due to the pandemic. 

https://www.thebach.com/travel-trends-2021

Top 10 Bachelor and Bachelorette Cities for 2021 via The Bach:

1. Nashville
  2. Scottsdale
  3. Miami
  4. Las Vegas
  5. Austin
  6. New Orleans
  7. Charleston
  8. Savannah
  9. Palm Springs
  10. San Diego

I wish we were # 10 on this list!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, DDIG said:

Let the Woo Girls fuel our economic recovery :tw_joy:

I guess bachelorettes are Nashville's target demo, but honestly I can't figure out why the come here.  Is it all just hype and marketing, or is there something about Nashville that is intrinsically conducive to a successful bachelorette party?

4 minutes ago, nashmoney said:

Live music, Rooftop bars, good food, affordable compared to other big cities, accessible in a short amount of time to majority of the east coast and Midwest either by car or flight, tons of air bnbs, good weather, and an overall welcoming and party atmosphere. 

Plus Nashville has done a great job marketing itself as an alternative to Vegas avd New Orleans. 

Good points, and you're probably right.  Also, I find it notable that you mentioned Air BNB's as a pro for Nashville considering all the effort the city has made to limit the number of Air BNB's.  Personally, I think all of the anti-Air BNB regulations are promoted by the hotel industry in Nashville.  

5 minutes ago, smeagolsfree said:

We need a surcharge for all of the upchuck left on the streets.

No joke, I was downtown a week ago and I saw an actual pile of feces on the 5th Avenue sidewalk.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, nashmoney said:

Live music, Rooftop bars, good food, affordable compared to other big cities, accessible in a short amount of time to majority of the east coast and Midwest either by car or flight, tons of air bnbs, good weather, and an overall welcoming and party atmosphere. 

Plus Nashville has done a great job marketing itself as an alternative to Vegas avd New Orleans. 

Don’t forget the giant “man parts” driving down Broadway. 

• Haha 2

53 minutes ago, Armacing said:

No joke, I was downtown a week ago and I saw an actual pile of feces on the 5th Avenue sidewalk.

That's probably less likely to be a bachelorette party in their defense.

1 hour ago, nashmoney said:

And murals!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, GLK said:

That was just someone from San Francisco visiting our great city.

I just saw a YouTube video about the same thing in San Francisco , but trust me it is not the first time I have seen crap on the sidewalks in Nashville like I saw on the video of SanFran. This has been a problem for years but you just have not been in the right place to see it. 

It was always common on the steps of the stairs that connected Church to 11th in the Gulch. At least you do not have to worry about people running into a store and shoplifting under $950 worth of merchandise and not even be able to stop them. Only a $50 ticket in CA because of Prop 46. No wonder the folks may be coming here, but hopefully not to crap on our sidewalks.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Armacing said:

I guess bachelorettes are Nashville's target demo, but honestly I can't figure out why the come here.  Is it all just hype and marketing, or is there something about Nashville that is intrinsically conducive to a successful bachelorette party?

Not as dangerous as New Orleans and not as expensive as Vegas.

5 hours ago, markhollin said:

AAA has listed Nashville as the #5 "Road Trip" destination for Memorial Day Weekend as far as bookings are concerned:

1. Las Vegas
  2. Orlando
  3. Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
  4. Denver
  5. Nashville

More at NBJ here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2021/05/20/aaa-memorial-day-2021.html

Notice none of those cities are in the north. They are all slow to open back up. I am surprised Austin is not on the list!

• Like 1