More Accolades for Nashville

Guest 5th & Main Urbanite

^^^That's so true. I think the key is in your last sentence. People are surprised they like it so much. No one is "surprised" that they have a good time in NYC, SF or Chicago. But many people don't know what to expect in Nashville. In fact, many people probably do expect one thing (banjos, incest, chewing tobacco) and are amazed when they get something totally different.

• Like 2

all day long on the people mover in detroit today:

everyone: hey, where do i get off to get to (place)?

me: (station name).

everyone: are you sure?

me: i am.

everyone: are you from here?

me: i'm not, but i come here a lot and know my way around the area decently well.

everyone: where are you from?

me: i live in nashville.

everyone: (turns to her friend) OMG BECKY, THIS GUY'S FROM NASHVILLE. (becky:) OMG WE WERE JUST THERE AND HAD AN AMAZING WEEKEND.

• Like 3

More praise for all things Nashville from The New York Times.

In the travel section "36 Hours in Nashville".

Another wet kiss for the "It" city from The Times!

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/09/07/travel/things-to-do-in-36-hours-in-nashville.html?ref=travel&_r=0

Funny....

Called Nashvegas for its glitzy glamour, the city could just as easily be called the sixth borough of New York. It is filled with Manhattan refugees,....

I really want to take these New Yorker's out drinkin and muddin sometime. Real Nashville isn't hipsters.

I don't know what muddin is, but it seems to me that the "real Nashville" is made up of a lot of different things, including hipster and, apparently, muddin, which is, of course, why it's so damned awesome.  I feel like there are too many commas in that sentence.

Edited by BnaBreaker
  • Like 4

I don't know what muddin is, but it seems to me that the "real Nashville" is made up of a lot of different things, including hipster and, apparently, muddin, which is, of course, why it's so damned awesome. I feel like there are too many commas in that sentence.

The hipster scene seems to be something new, which is great because that's growth. On the flip side, I feel like the only reason that publications from New York are giving us so much attention is because we are showing more similarities to them and not really sticking out for being ourselves. Where were they when we were Nashville and not "a 6th borough"? It just kind of rubs me the wrong way. That and I think" ironic " moustaches and skin tight jeans are just silly.

Maybe I've just become one of those "get off my lawn hippie" kind of people at the ripe old age of 31.

Edited by satalac
  • Like 1

Nice PR piece singing the praises of Nashville. 

I look forward to walking and trying the cuisine at her sson to be opened restaurant, Chauhan Ale & Masala House.

Nowadays when people ask me where I call home, I say I am a "Nash-Yorker". After all, home is where the heart is and my heart is now divided. Only one thing is certain, every time I return to New York from Nashville, I walk down the streets with a silly grin, just smiling at everyone I see and more often than not, receiving a suspicious glance in return... but honestly, I wouldn't have it any other way, y'all!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/love-letters/love-letters-nashville_b_5676034.html?utm_hp_ref=travel

http://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/morning_call/2014/09/celebrity-chef-maneet-chauhan-writes-a-love-letter.html

• 3 weeks later...