More Accolades for Nashville

Guest 5th & Main Urbanite

• 2 weeks later...

Area home sales in June were up 11% over June of 2020. Median price is at $415,000, up 25% from a year ago.  Median condo price is now 292,570, up  20%.

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/area-home-sales-rise-11-as-inventory-improves-a-bit/article_1467bff6-df56-11eb-bd36-a70bd2a8f95f.html

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I often wonder if the people who rank states like this even know what they're looking at, much less actually visit the states.  I mean, is Covenant Health one of the two major private businesses?  I get Fedex, but there are at least a couple dozen other companies that I'd expect outrank Covenant.  I imagine a newbie straight out of college given this assignment and trying really hard to do web searches on businesses in all the states.  Probably found HCA and when finishing up the article couldn't remember it specifically; so went out and found another healthcare company in Knoxville.  They certainly didn't use the US Census official population. Anyway, it's good to be recognized as one of the 'best' states for business. 

• Like 1

That's all well and good if you can find a house and the only folks that can really afford them are moving from the cities a  higher cost of living. William and I sort of took issue with the report. I emailed the good folks at SmartASSet and pretty much told them this report was horse manure!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Even Murfreesboro is becoming a more mature, as far as first-time price point, versus just a few years ago. At this point, I’d venture with Wilson County being the most affordable as a whole for the metro now, as far as core counties are concerned.

The next county after Wilson we’ll see is likely to be Robertson.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

20 hours ago, NashRugger said:

Even Murfreesboro is becoming a more mature, as far as first-time price point, versus just a few years ago. At this point, I’d venture with Wilson County being the most affordable as a whole for the metro now, as far as core counties are concerned.

The next county after Wilson we’ll see is likely to be Robertson.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With 65 North going to 3 lanes in the next couple years (per TDOT), the White House through Franklin, KY area will see a lot of development, both in Sumner and Robertson.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, andywildman said:

With 65 North going to 3 lanes in the next couple years (per TDOT), the White House through Franklin, KY area will see a lot of development, both in Sumner and Robertson.

Yes! The Franklin Corridor!

598534756_franklincooridor.thumb.png.5fdd4829266f635f409f176b6a0447d5.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Probably 10 years before that gets completed.TDOT is doing it in segments. First segment is up at the ky state line. Three years to complete that. Then on to the next phase. Long hollow/millersville needs expansion right now! From 5 lanes to 2 is unacceptable and has been for years. I drive it daily .It backs up on sunday afternoons.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Flatrock said:

One of America’s top cultural cities is partially closing its streets for a major motor sports spectacle.

No offense to our city, but I don't think people outside of Nashville view us as a cultural hotspot... I think we can still do much better in that department

• Haha 2

FedEx has announced plans to hire 1,100 new employees at stations all across the Nashville area. Most will be package handlers, but some Operations Manager positions are also to be available. 

More at NBJ here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2021/08/02/fedex-ground-expands-operations-new-jobs.html?cx_testId=40&cx_testVariant=cx_34&cx_artPos=4#cxrecs_s

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Bos2Nash said:

No offense to our city, but I don't think people outside of Nashville view us as a cultural hotspot... I think we can still do much better in that department

Country music is most certainly "culture."  There's more to "culture" than symphonies and Renaissance art.

• Like 4

19 hours ago, jmtunafish said:

Country music is most certainly "culture."  There's more to "culture" than symphonies and Renaissance art.

This Reader's Digest list of the best cities for live music begins with "Of course, Nashville is at the top of the list.  So, other than Nashville..." 

https://www.rd.com/list/best-american-cities-for-live-music/

• Like 2