More Accolades for Nashville

Guest 5th & Main Urbanite

Cadre, a leading technology-driven real estate investment manager, today announced its annual selection of top U.S. Commercial Real Estate (CRE) investment markets. Nashville came in Top 7 for Office; Top 9 for Industrial, and Top 15 for Multifamily. Overall, that makes Nashville one of the Top 3 in the nation when combining all categories.

https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20221027005337/en/Charlotte-Raleigh-and-Nashville-Featured-on-Cadre’s-Annual-List-of-Most-Valuable-Places-to-Invest-in-Commercial-Real-Estate

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Murfreesboro ranks #3 nationally in growth according to SmartAsset. It earned that rank for its five-year increase in housing units (31.47%) and population growth (31.72%). The study, which examined data from the 500 largest cities in the country, also found that workers in the city had also seen a 41.95% increase in income in the same period.

More at NBJ here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2022/12/02/boomtown-murfreesboro-growth-nationally-smartasset.html

• Like 4

The Nashville Metro region saw a 5.9-percent increase in nonfarm payroll employment from October 2021 to October 2022, the fifth largest jump among nearly 300 regions around the country, according to a new report from the federal Bureau of Labor Statistics.

The increase represents nearly 64,000 added jobs. Nashville’s leisure and hospitality industry saw the biggest gains, at 15.3 percent, while the “information” sector (including tech) saw a 1.1-percent decrease year-over-year as job growth in that industry reversed after registering double-digit gains earlier in 2022.

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/technology/nashville-in-top-five-for-job-growth/article_8b732c92-7664-11ed-ab27-0741c6fb00c2.html

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Nashville is #3 in the Nation among top 100 cities with the most green space according to LawnLove.  They compared the cities based on the number of parks, total acreage, and average yard size, among five total factors.

https://lawnlove.com/blog/cities-with-most-green-space/?utm_source=Sailthru&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=NASH_01.05.2023_JAN&utm_term=NASHtoday: Subscribers - MASTER

Screen Shot 2023-01-05 at 6.25.01 AM.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, markhollin said:

Nashville is #3 in the Nation among top 100 cities with the most green space according to LawnLove.  They compared the cities based on the number of parks, total acreage, and average yard size, among five total factors.

https://lawnlove.com/blog/cities-with-most-green-space/?utm_source=Sailthru&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=NASH_01.05.2023_JAN&utm_term=NASHtoday: Subscribers - MASTER

Screen Shot 2023-01-05 at 6.25.01 AM.png

We made that list by being #2 in "highest average yard square footage" ... which feels like winning the wrong way. I'd prefer to be on the list for large public park space, rather than large yards restricting the number of neighbors we can build homes for in our neighborhoods.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, dmillsphoto said:

What an absolute folly of a list. Whoever published that should be embarrassed, and their definition of "green space" should be mocked publicly.

Agreed.  And the fact that NYC still places on a list that factors in average yard size (LOL) actually speaks volumes about the quality and quantity of it's public green spaces.  

Here is an interesting ranking of cities (albeit one of questionable scientific rigor) that places Memphis at #14 dirtiest for living conditions and gives Murfreesboro the #1 worst spot for "dirty infrastructure" - whatever that means:

https://www.lawnstarter.com/blog/studies/dirtiest-cities-in-united-states/#rankings

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2

Even with their methodology, it is still very subjective. The consumer satisfaction part of the survey is subjective in itself as is the share of home with pest. That can be a good thing or a bad thing as people are taking care of the pest they have or not if pest are going unreported.

All of these lists are so stupid anymore it is not even funny. Even crime stats can be misconstrued. A certain area of a city can skyrocket a city's crime stats to make it look as if the entire city is dangerous as hell or the news media can influence the perception that a city is out of control when the crime is in fact not as bad as it appears per capita. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, smeagolsfree said:

Even with their methodology, it is still very subjective. The consumer satisfaction part of the survey is subjective in itself as is the share of home with pest. That can be a good thing or a bad thing as people are taking care of the pest they have or not if pest are going unreported.

All of these lists are so stupid anymore it is not even funny. Even crime stats can be misconstrued. A certain area of a city can skyrocket a city's crime stats to make it look as if the entire city is dangerous as hell or the news media can influence the perception that a city is out of control when the crime is in fact not as bad as it appears per capita. 

Propaganda 101 -  You can prove anything with statistics

• Like 1

On 1/26/2023 at 5:24 PM, Armacing said:

Here is an interesting ranking of cities (albeit one of questionable scientific rigor) that places Memphis at #14 dirtiest for living conditions and gives Murfreesboro the #1 worst spot for "dirty infrastructure" - whatever that means:

https://www.lawnstarter.com/blog/studies/dirtiest-cities-in-united-states/#rankings

Memphis is #25, M-Boro is in the 100s per the link. Our sidewalks are not that great, that’s a pet peeve of mine. Don’t know what the point was of pointing out where Memphis is on the list. My neighborhood is fairly clean and I don’t live in the richest part of town either. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, The Guardian of Memphis said:

Memphis is #25, M-Boro is in the 100s per the link. Our sidewalks are not that great, that’s a pet peeve of mine. Don’t know what the point was of pointing out where Memphis is on the list. My neighborhood is fairly clean and I don’t live in the richest part of town either. 

As I stated on one of the previous posts regarding this list, all of these lists are subjective along with their methodology. It also seems as if everyone always wants to put Memphis on their Sh** list for some odd reason or another. The fact that Murfreesboro is on there is sort of crazy too. I am surprised cities like Camdon New Jersey didn't make the list along with Flint MI or Jackson MS. Another thing I do not understand is the connect on the list with Lawn Starter and lawn care locations and the other recent studies they have done which makes me think this is nothing more than click bait.

see below: My fav is best cities for Pumkin lovers!

• Haha 2

38 minutes ago, smeagolsfree said:

As I stated on one of the previous posts regarding this list, all of these lists are subjective along with their methodology. It also seems as if everyone always wants to put Memphis on their Sh** list for some odd reason or another. The fact that Murfreesboro is on there is sort of crazy too. I am surprised cities like Camdon New Jersey didn't make the list along with Flint MI or Jackson MS. Another thing I do not understand is the connect on the list with Lawn Starter and lawn care locations and the other recent studies they have done which makes me think this is nothing more than click bait.

see below: My fav is best cities for Pumkin lovers!

You know, I have read a lot of internet nonsense over the years but these take the cake as the most complete and total whoppers of fabricated click bait I've ever seen. My favorite is most festive cities. Just look at those ranked higher than Nashville. No disrespect to ANYONE in those cities....but commmme onnnnn. Not that I had any respect for LawnStarter before but, now? Wow. 🤣