Guest 5th & Main Urbanite

The more I think about this the more I wonder if the start of the Fed Courthouse is even close. Why would they pave a lot just to dig it up in 6 months. They did the same thing on the corner of 7th  and Commerce and have never let anyone park on it. That has been there at least two year.

Talk about Govt. waste....Prime example of why people are so PO'ed.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, smeagolsfree said:

The more I think about this the more I wonder if the start of the Fed Courthouse is even close. Why would they pave a lot just to dig it up in 6 months. They did the same thing on the corner of 7th  and Commerce and have never let anyone park on it. That has been there at least two year.

Talk about Govt. waste....Prime example of why people are so PO'ed.

... and they always continue to vote for more of it.

• Like 1

Update from the Downtown Partnership -

The parking garage's demolition is the next step. However, the contract for the job has not yet been awarded. As of now they expect the demolition to start July or August....obviously no one is in a hurry to get this project moving....{sigh}

They had not heard of any parking lot being planned in the meantime.

Edited by Guest

• 3 weeks later...

Okay...one word....Government! : (

- Striping the recently paved lot for parking

- now looking to demo the still standing parking garage in August....

Time keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin' 
Into the future 
Into the future

1 hour ago, nashville_bound said:

Okay...one word....Government! : (

- Striping the recently paved lot for parking

- now looking to demo the still standing parking garage in August....

Into the future 
Into the future

It's amazing what happens when you don't fund projects!

• Like 3

There are putting poles for chains in the lot they just demolished, it seems for a parking lot. I just don't see this happening for a year or so at the least, because the Feds are idiots, both sides of the political spectrum as well as all of the life time bureaucrats who see the idiots come and go.

• Like 1

Here is a simple, but effective thought....

Do not buy/acquire/condemn property for which you do not have any allocated funds on which to build. The feds have kept this block derelict for an outrageous amount of time when you consider the development boom taking place in Nashville.

And before you bring regurgitate the old twaddle that private developers also suck (Palmer) ...at least a private entity is not only paying property taxes but is also not using my own tax dollars to flip the bird at my window for 15+ years.

http://www.nashvillecitypaper.com/content/city-news/wheres-our-new-federal-courthouse

Edited by Guest

2 hours ago, nashville_bound said:

Here is a simple, but effective thought....

Do not buy/acquire/condemn property for which you do not have any allocated funds on which to build. The feds have kept this block derelict for an outrageous amount of time when you consider the development boom taking place in Nashville.

And before you bring regurgitate the old twaddle that private developers also suck (Palmer) ...at least a private entity is not only paying property taxes but is also not using my own tax dollars to flip the bird at my window for 15+ years.

http://www.nashvillecitypaper.com/content/city-news/wheres-our-new-federal-courthouse

I don't disagree with a word of this. I have never brought up the argument that private developers do this(it's their right to). Completely agree this should have been handled better by both parties over the past 20 years.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
58 minutes ago, claya91 said:

Federal Courthouse to be named after former Sen. Fred Thompson.

http://www.wsmv.com/story/35513937/us-senate-votes-to-name-courthouse-after-actor-fred-thompson

I'm not sure if it should be considered an honor to have one's name associated with that... thing... or not?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...