Guest 5th & Main Urbanite

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Not 100% about this info...been disappointed before

... fencing going up....large garage to come done ASAP....think days or weeks not months to start...after that blasting starts to dig off 4 level underground garage...

Edited by Guest

As nashville-bound mentioned yesterday: posts for fencing going up around much of the Federal Courthouse site.

Looking east along Commerce Street towards intersection with 7th Ave. North:

Federal Courthouse fencing, Oct 10, 2017 1.jpg

Looking east from intersection of Church and Rosa Parks Blvd:

Federal Courthouse fencing, Oct 10, 2017 2.jpg

Looking south from intersection of Church and Rosa Parks Blvd:

Federal Courthouse fencing, Oct 10, 2017 3.jpg

• Like 3

2 weeks left for parking. Nov. 01 demo of parking garage is scheduled...will prevent all parking except maybe on the extreme SW corner. Demo scheduled for 2 months and then they going the rubble to use as backfill. Blasting to commence as soon as building has been pulverized.

4 hours ago, smeagolsfree said:

With this starting, WE HOPE, then who knows what it will mean for West End Summit. Both projects were announced almost 20 years ago. Looks like the Feds, as slow as they are, will beat Palmer in starting a project. 

So...what you're saying is that Palmer should have been a congressman or something, right? ;)

• Haha 1

This is the Charlotte Federal courthouse in the setting it will be with the existing courthouse in the front.  It is a classical design and that is fine with me as we have very little architecture in this style in Charlotte.  The design was debated some love it some dont. However I think it is appropriate for a government building as most of our buildings are so tall you won't be able to see it anyway.  Supposedly it will start within a year. 

The other two buildings are our newest office towers new Ally Bank Center 26 stories 378 ft and Bank of America Tower at Legacy Union 33 stories 632 feet tall.   So our new Jonas Federal Courthouse addition will be quite different but that is fine. 

FedCourthouse.png

allytryonplace.jpg

LHlegacyunionnew.jpg

Edited by KJHburg
  • Like 4

Just now, KJHburg said:

This is the Charlotte Federal courthouse in the setting it will be with the existing courthouse in the front.  It is a classical design and that is fine with me as we have very little architecture in this style in Charlotte.  The design was debated some love it some dont. However I think it is appropriate for a government building as most of our buildings are so tall you won't be able to see it anyway.  Supposedly it will start within a year. 

The other two buildings are our newest office towers new Ally Bank Center 26 stories 378 ft and Bank of America Tower at Legacy Union 33 stories 632 feet tall.   So our new Jonas Federal Courthouse addition will be quite different but that is fine. 

FedCourthouse.png

allytryonplace.jpg

NewLHtower.jpg

My hometown of Charlotte has more height going on but Nashville has more overall construction at the moment. I'm kind of underwhelmed by the new BofA tower, I know it's not the flagship but still. Will be interesting to see how the rest of that site develops. Could definitely see a massive 700+ hotel room on it.

11 hours ago, smeagolsfree said:

With this starting, WE HOPE, then who knows what it will mean for West End Summit. Both projects were announced almost 20 years ago. Looks like the Feds, as slow as they are, will beat Palmer in starting a project. 

It’s interesting that buildings do not get built without funding. 

Edited by samsonh
  • Like 2