Guest 5th & Main Urbanite

Federal Courthouse

Recommended Posts


Demo of garage continues. About one third down.

Looking SE from intersection of Church St. and Rosa Parks Blvd:

Federal Courthouse, Jan 1, 2018, 1.jpg

 

Looking east from Rosa Parks Blvd, half a block south of Church:

Federal Courthouse, Jan 1, 2018, 2.jpg

 

Looking north from intersection of 7th Ave. North and Commerce:

Federal Courthouse, Jan 1, 2018, 3.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Pdt2f said:

Private developers: 5 seconds with 700 lbs of explosives. 

Federal government: 3 months+ with like one backhoe and a dude with a shovel. 

 

Seriously--I mean, why can't these Federal courthouses turn a profit already?  The prisons have figured it out, I think it's about time for the courthouses to get their act together. 

If they weren't so mismanaged, they would've just taken Lake Palmer via imminent domain (who's going to stop them?) so they didn't have to clear the site in the first place.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Pdt2f said:

Private developers: 5 seconds with 700 lbs of explosives. 

Federal government: 3 months+ with like one backhoe and a dude with a shovel. 

It must be amazing for the world to be this simple!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I passed by the site earlier, forgot to take pics but the old garage is basically rubble now, with one little corner still standing. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ongoing progress with demo, with local treasure Black Elvis seen strolling in on the bottom right :D. It looks like they’re pulverizing the stone on-site  

6BB92FE3-01F8-46A9-8D11-7936DFAC0C8D.jpeg

Edited by Pdt2f
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Pdt2f said:

Ongoing progress with demo, with local treasure Black Elvis seen strolling in on the bottom right :D. It looks like they’re pulverizing the stone on-site  

Please deliver to 1600 West End Ave

:scared:

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
We're gonna need a few more courthouses.
What we should have done was built the jail at the bottom of the lake. It could have been our very own Pit of Misery.


Dilly dilly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Black Elvis' daily hangout is the corner of the McDonald's lot in Bellevue where he says to everyone he sees "you rock!" He always has an upbeat attitude. His dream is to go to Las Vegas and parachute from a plane in his Elvis outfit.

Edited by archilove
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, archilove said:

Black Elvis' daily hangout is the corner of the McDonald's lot in Bellevue where he says to everyone he sees "you rock!" He always has an upbeat attitude. His dream is to go to Las Vegas and parachute from a plane in his Elvis outfit.

Yeah I used to see him there all the time when I lived in Bellevue. I almost hit him with my car one night. It was like 11 and I was driving down Hwy 70 S and all the sudden I see a rhinestone covered suit with bell bottoms running across the road near Burger King. Thankfully I was able to avoid him :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now