Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
joeDowntown

616 to Redevelop Bethlehem Lutheran Church into Apartments

5 posts in this topic

Isn't this the church once proposed for condos (Renatus)? I can imagine the apartments will be pretty awesome. 

http://www.woodtv.com/dpp/news/local/grand_rapids/church-transforming-into-apartments?ref=scroller&categoryId=10001&status=true

Joe

Yep, Renatus on the Hill, back when the condo market crashed. 616 also said they have additional projects coming, and a waiting list that has grown to 800 for apartments.

I'd love to see 616 build in the Arena South District. I know new construction isn't their schtick, but they seem to be really good at putting together good projects.

Joe

Yep, Renatus on the Hill, back when the condo market crashed. 616 also said they have additional projects coming, and a waiting list that has grown to 800 for apartments.

From what I've heard, I think we'll definitely see some news on another 616 project in the coming weeks/months in a near-downtown location that is begging for infill and more residential.

1 person likes this

I passed this building last Wednesday on bicycle and was shocked how overgrown the grass and weeds were.  Will assume it was a landscaping oversight that has been corrected.