Rivers Edge

GvilleSC

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The exterior design is rather simple, however, it should blend well with nearby buildings and definitely will add density to that part of downtown. I noticed a "future building" outlined along River Street as well, so this block will eventually appear and feel much more urban. A new two-level parking deck will be accessible along McBee Avenue and will presumably serve Centre Stage as well.

I think the location is incredible and it will be a great infill/background building. This will give us three full blocks of development along Broad Street and along the north side of the Reedy. It doesn't seem to have retail space, unless I'm looking at it incorrectly. I assume the plaza area is entry and common space and not for lease. Any insight?

I think the location is incredible and it will be a great infill/background building. This will give us three full blocks of development along Broad Street and along the north side of the Reedy. It doesn't seem to have retail space, unless I'm looking at it incorrectly. I assume the plaza area is entry and common space and not for lease. Any insight?

On page 4 it mentions that the plaza will be the main entrance for the commercial portion of the building while the residential will be facing the "motor court." Hoping it's actual retail and not just a leasing office.

The exterior design is rather simple, however, it should blend well with nearby buildings and definitely will add density to that part of downtown. I noticed a "future building" outlined along River Street as well, so this block will eventually appear and feel much more urban. A new two-level parking deck will be accessible along McBee Avenue and will presumably serve Centre Stage as well.

I was incorrect. The parking deck will not be accessible along McBee Avenue.

I was incorrect. The parking deck will not be accessible along McBee Avenue.

It looks to me like it is accessible from the McBee St. parking lot (for Piedmont Natural Gas).

The ground floor along Broad St. needs some work, but otherwise I am okay with it.  My guess is Btoy is right, these are mostly apartments, and probably like Riverwalk are below market rates to get the tax credits.

...and probably like Riverwalk are below market rates to get the tax credits.

If that is the case, then I'm going to be very impressed! The city has wanted affordable housing downtown for young professionals. It would be great to see this actually happen with a decent supply. Either way, the River continues to evolve as downtiwn's residential hub.

If the building looks like the RiverWalk architecture, this would be very disappointing.  The window sizes almost give this building (and the RiverWalk building) the sense of a high rise prison.  Surely present day architecture can't be this bad?!?

Soviet era apartment block comes to mind, but hopefully the design will improve before it actually gets built.  It's another 8 story bland building......come on Greenville, do better!

If the building looks like the RiverWalk architecture, this would be very disappointing. The window sizes almost give this building (and the RiverWalk building) the sense of a high rise prison. Surely present day architecture can't be this bad?!?

Personally, I hope Hughes builds it just like it is shows on the renderings to piss off the nimby's and gsupstate.

Archived