Rivers Edge

GvilleSC

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 10 months later...
5 hours ago, distortedlogic said:

May not be the right thread, but did the Rivers Edge Hotel officially die? I kinda liked the rendering for that one but haven't heard anything about that one lately. 

It's been some time ago. I don't remember seeing a rendering. I think it was victim to being crowded out by the nearly half-dozen other Hotel projects. I am sure it will resurface again or a different use (office, apts.) will arise for it.  

14 hours ago, vicupstate said:

It's been some time ago. I don't remember seeing a rendering. I think it was victim to being crowded out by the nearly half-dozen other Hotel projects. I am sure it will resurface again or a different use (office, apts.) will arise for it.  

I agree.   

The Aloft, Embassy Suites,  and Home2 Suites are all open or soon to open and the Spring Hill Suites/Residence Inn and Camperdown hotel will join them. Five new hotels will double the number downtown. 

If they all prosper then a new hotel at Rivers Edge will be easy to justify. If not then there is time to wait.   We will know soon if there is more of a need for new hotel space or more residential or office space.

On July 26, 2016 at 7:39 PM, B&R said:

I agree.   

The Aloft, Embassy Suites,  and Home2 Suites are all open or soon to open and the Spring Hill Suites/Residence Inn and Camperdown hotel will join them. Five new hotels will double the number downtown. 

If they all prosper then a new hotel at Rivers Edge will be easy to justify. If not then there is time to wait.   We will know soon if there is more of a need for new hotel space or more residential or office space.

One issue is that they may never build anything there until they figure out their parking problem.

They didn't add enough parking to the garage when they built it and the current building needs all the parking the lot on which the hotel would take. 

I agree.   

If they all prosper then a new hotel at Rivers Edge will be easy to justify. If not then there is time to wait.   We will know soon if there is more of a need for new hotel space or more residential or office space

11 minutes ago, cabelagent said:

I agree.   

If they all prosper then a new hotel at Rivers Edge will be easy to justify. If not then there is time to wait.   We will know soon if there is more of a need for new hotel space or more residential or office space

Can't remember...is Hughes involved with new hotel?

On July 25, 2016 at 11:06 PM, distortedlogic said:

May not be the right thread, but did the Rivers Edge Hotel officially die? I kinda liked the rendering for that one but haven't heard anything about that one lately. 

Yes. Here is more info on what was planned: http://upstatebusinessjournal.com/news/rivers-edge-plans-boutique-hotel/

Archived