Rivers Edge

GvilleSC

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We are going to have at least 3 cranes up at one time. This will be a new experience for Greenville.

Yep: ONE, Rivers Edge, and Embassy Suites. This doesn't include what other cranes could go up on other development projects downtown like Stadium Apartments, South Ridge, Home2 Suites by Hilton, Broadstone Gateway Apartments, etc.

• 4 weeks later...

Hotel is probably just on hold. I mean, they can't let that site go undeveloped for that long...

I was thinking the same thing. There's just not that many available pieces of property that's close enough to stage equipment and supplies. Especially with all the building going up on that side of downtown. Space is going to be at a premium in the next couple of years. And I did say years.

Is that confirmed?

Frankly, there is no way they could start now, the hotel site is a staging area for the first building.

Nope, but it was supposed to start construction in February or March and hasn't yet. No brand was ever announced either.

That would be the worst excuse ever if true. This shouldn't somehow have been news to them all of the sudden. They would have had a site design and phasing determined long before they moved forward with anything else. Hopefully it still happens. Otherwise, their apartment building design has a horrible layout and should have never been approved by the DRB.

• 1 month later...

Archived