Boundaries of Raleigh's Neighborhoods

New Name

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In most cases these are just the names of the original plats...sort of the forerunner of today's subdivisions. Ones labeled historic district may or may not coincide with the platted areas. The original plats can probably be found at the County deeds office. I can more or less tell you where they all are but exact streets as indicated on the plats would be hard using only my street-wise knowledge. I doubt there is a single map that shows them all. What is this for? It would take me more time than I have right now to go through them all...its a long list...

I realize that some of these neighborhoods are probably not even recognized anymore, some have some prominence or may have prominence eventually, and others are just place holders between one from the next. I'm working on a unique art project that requires this information, and if anyone is able to help out just with a couple at a time, I'd certainly do my best to make it right by you in the end if I can.

Can anyone help me find a list or map that shows the boundaries (probably by street) of these neighborhoods in Raleigh? (please note I took this list from Wiki)...

So I just started to write some stuff from my brain and went to google maps to confirm. Upon entering "Battery Heights" in there a clear dotted line defining the neighborhood showed up on the map. That won't work for all the things listed but I think it will for most. I'll still annotate what I know. It's almost 9 pm...I'll add some more tomorrow if others don't. Generally the historic districts are found on the Raleigh Historic Districts Commission website as you can see from the links I am posting. 

Archived