Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
satalac

Possible Relocation for Remington

13 posts in this topic

This would be a pretty big get for Nashville or the Middle TN area. Quite a large company and could bring manufacturing jobs here as well. I like our chances. Here is the link from The Tennessean

Edited by satalac

I was more excited when I thought it might be a potential 505CST filler, but even still, the more the merrier!  Hopefully they choose Davidson County over Wilson!

1 person likes this

I could see them wanting a more campus type office should they relocate their corporate office here. It would be sweet  if all of a sudden Tony announced that 505CST has a main tenant....

Maybe 505CST could have a shooting range in one of the skydecks to help lure them here. :-)

Maybe 505CST could have a shooting range in one of the skydecks to help lure them here. :-)

I'd be up for some wobble skeet off the top of a building! Then again, I doubt those in surrounding buildings would like it very much.....

^^^Something tells me that this is probably already a reality somewhere in Dubai.

^^^Something tells me that this is probably already a reality somewhere in Dubai.

Hey... I'm taking my vacation this year to Dubai. I purchased by flight before the last terrorist alert. I'm already scared. Hold me!

Hell, in Dubai, I imagine that for the right price you could probably skeet shoot off a 1000' building with live human beings as targets.

"Strings" has been canceled in favor of "Skeet", a 60 story tower in the shape of a shotgun.

2 people like this

Well, if you read the article, it only suggests that one of Remington's factories may move - not the company headquarters, which is in NC.  So, while the prospects for new manufacturing jobs is encouraging, there is nothing to suggest that this potential move could have any impact on office space, much less office construction.

Well, if you read the article, it only suggests that one of Remington's factories may move - not the company headquarters, which is in NC.  So, while the prospects for new manufacturing jobs is encouraging, there is nothing to suggest that this potential move could have any impact on office space, much less office construction.

You're right. I did read the "One of the nation’s largest gun manufacturers, Remington Arms, has looked at sites around Nashville for a potential corporate relocation or expansion that would likely include hundreds of manufacturing jobs." a bit incorrectly. I was thinking we'd get manufacturing and maybe one of their gun brand's hq's (they have several). Does look like it would just be manufacturing. Still wouldn't mind seeing 1200+ jobs relocate here. 

Either office jobs or manufacturing jobs is fine with me. A healthy economy is built on both.

"Strings" has been canceled in favor of "Skeet", a 60 story tower in the shape of a shotgun.

For a split second, I got ridiculously excited. :cry: