New ODU Stadium (Completed)

vdogg

Phase 2 fundraising has already begun. They need to replace the north endzone bleachers as they are failing. They plan on placing a new scoreboard behind the new endzone as well. I'm hoping they connect the new endzone to the new east and west stands, but am not confident that will happen.

They want that project to take place in 2020. But they're funding it all privately, so I wouldn't be surprised if that is pushed a few years out.

1 hour ago, NFKjeff said:

The fundraising is going extremely well. Money for the scoreboard is in hand, and I am confident that whatever configuration they have planned for the north end zone it will take place in the next off season.

Fantastic. Any idea what that new endzone would look like?

I know they want a place for students to tailgate/congregate during pregame and that would likely be a part of this. 

I've also heard decking/SRO was possible, which would mean a loss in capacity.

53 minutes ago, NFKjeff said:

I am sure I am no more of an insider than you, and what you have said regarding the north end zone I have heard also, with one additional possibility. I have also heard that there is a plan for a multipurpose building at ground level with bleachers atop of that. I’m not sure if the two sides would be connected or not. It is my understanding that they want to have this in place for the 2020 season.

I have heard the same thing about the multiuse building.  It makes sense too since that small building currently under the endzone is being used by food vendors. 

One thing I haven't seen reported elsewhere. ODAF may have a big blue room in the new East Side stands, since there will be a multipurpose room over there. Much like the Ted, it would only be open pregame, halftime and postgame. They're trying to work that out and see if it would be worth it. 

Edited by BeagleAccountant

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
16 hours ago, BFG said:

Looks pretty tall from Hampton Blvd...

0D2B6510-CA86-4BEE-9A06-2FC211FEAACD.jpeg

Agreed, this stadium has much more of a presence than Foreman did. And it looks much more cohesive.

According to this article, the height of the westside stands is 95 feet, while the eastside is 55 feet.

https://pilotonline.com/sports/college/old-dominion/football/article_d3293bae-6122-11e9-b6c7-fb3a13f97c6f.html

Edited by BeagleAccountant
Grammar
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
On 7/10/2020 at 11:09 PM, zeppelin14 said:

Just wondering since this is still a pinned topic... Wasn't there supposed to be a second build phase after the first season?

There will be future phases to fix the north end zone and add more seating and suites on the west side. But it’s undetermined when that will happen and covid surely is going to delay it even more. Could be a long time before we say a major project on the site.

• 2 years later...