Busnell Park Fountain

MichaelQReilly

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Could be.

I know that Travelers is about to begin work on their plaza/parking garage, and I know that Iquilt actually "began" a while ago when The Phoenix began to replace their plaza with a green plaza.

Also, the funding has happened for the intermodal triangle and that is in the final bidding stages I think.

the intermodal triangle is the first big piece of the puzzle for iQuilt though.

as far as the fountain, it is technically not iQuilt, it would be the Bushnell park foundation getting a little independent project started.

BTW,  I was up at the Phoenix plaza for the Dargon Boat races last weekend, and that is going to be a HUGE... HUGE improvement to the area.  It will be sewwt to have less concrete up there.

BTW,  I was up at the Phoenix plaza for the Dargon Boat races last weekend, and that is going to be a HUGE... HUGE improvement to the area.  It will be sewwt to have less concrete up there.

I'm glad they are doing something about that plaza. Didn't see the improvements yet. I just remember how it seemed so cut off from the Marriott and Front street development.

Access likely will not change Bill, just the aesthetics and materials.

It appears as though the street level on Columbus will remain challenged.   Maybe some day.... but Travelers would need to make a change as well

But the key thing that is part of iQuilt is the Greening of the plaza.

They FINALLY

FINALLY

FINALLY planted the plaza at the science center this year is it looks stark still but much more inviting than past years.  It also should be much more lush and inviting next summer.

That plaza connects tio Mortensons and then over Columbus to the Phoenix plaza.  Phoenix is going green and should be complete so next year it will be growing.  so, there will essentially be several acres of parkland in that area for next summer breathing so much more warmth into that part of the city. 

I think that there is a clear plan to fix past wrongs and before long the other parts of the plazas might be further improved.

heck with 200 apartments at the Clarion and 40 more plus office space at the broadcast center we will certainly see improvement spreading.  Add in the state workers and then add in the new elementary school at 200 CP....  Uconn and the new apartments at Front street and we have an enormous swatch of the city being completely remade... COMPLETELY

Travelers and their plaza behind the Hartford club being the only inactive space...

Archived