Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

monsoon

Do they even bother to read the nonsense they write?

how the hell... lol. That's funny, it's AP wires of course so i'm sure WCNC isn't the only site using the story. If it appears in the newspaper or something, someone oughta send it into Jay Leno or something.

One wonders why Charlotte's self proclaimed "Carolina's News Channel" needs to go to AP for a story about the Carolinas. haha. Even worse, why do we get stuff from them they don't think is worth reading by their own people. :P

oh and wadesborough is not spelled wrong that was its original name, thank you very much, if you read the context that it is used in. They just never mentioned when it was changed from wadesborough to wadesboro.

they changed it on that page that i linked to. now i see on the inside page it says wadesborough is what it was originally called ans you said rdf21

Ok, looks like the Police and the Charlotte Observer have settled on using the word "melee" to describe the unfortunate events after the 4th of July fireworks in downtown. My guess is they are doing to avoid using the "R" word :o at any cost.

Now its amusing to me they must have never bothered to look up this word in the dictionary.

me

Why doesn't Vince Coakley, the lead male anchor on WSOC's evening news, know the "H" in Horry County (Myrtle Beach) is silent? Adding the H really makes it sound like a bad place.

Why doesn't Vince Coakley, the lead male anchor on WSOC's evening news, know the "H" in Horry County (Myrtle Beach) is silent?  Adding the H really makes it sound like a bad place.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

HAHA! :rofl:

That is rich, I don't think I've ever heard anyone say it that way. But then my wife just admitted she might say it that way, so I guess you never know...

It appears that Mark Boone on Channel 36 is also not aware that SC's most well known county is not pronounced "Whorey" county. Maybe channel 36 ought to make UrbanPlanet required reading for their reporters before they put them in front of the live cameras.

Investigative reporting, ha. One wonders why the "investigation" might not have asked why a SC county would be named to sound as if a bunch of whores were running the place. (that might actually be true, but that's a different issue :lol: )

They really don't proofread their stuff at WCNC.com, do they?

http://www.wcnc.com/news/topstories/storie...s.2c2f165f.html

...This sets a standard," said Mark White and urban planner.

this should obviously say "an urban planner"

http://www.wcnc.com/news/topstories/storie...g.2d7acb5b.html

Officers said that around the same time they arrived to the scene in Mattherws a young man showed up at CMC in Pineville-Matthews with a gunshot wound in the back.

this one should say either "CMC in Pineville with..." or "CMC on Pineville-Matthews"

If you look around their website, you'll find many more examples.