Do they even bother to read the nonsense they write?

monsoon

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

Ok, looks like the Police and the Charlotte Observer have settled on using the word "melee" to describe the unfortunate events after the 4th of July fireworks in downtown. My guess is they are doing to avoid using the "R" word :o at any cost.

Now its amusing to me they must have never bothered to look up this word in the dictionary.

me

• 2 months later...

Why doesn't Vince Coakley, the lead male anchor on WSOC's evening news, know the "H" in Horry County (Myrtle Beach) is silent?  Adding the H really makes it sound like a bad place.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

HAHA! :rofl:

That is rich, I don't think I've ever heard anyone say it that way. But then my wife just admitted she might say it that way, so I guess you never know...

• 5 months later...

It appears that Mark Boone on Channel 36 is also not aware that SC's most well known county is not pronounced "Whorey" county. Maybe channel 36 ought to make UrbanPlanet required reading for their reporters before they put them in front of the live cameras.

Investigative reporting, ha. One wonders why the "investigation" might not have asked why a SC county would be named to sound as if a bunch of whores were running the place. (that might actually be true, but that's a different issue :lol: )

• 2 weeks later...

They really don't proofread their stuff at WCNC.com, do they?

http://www.wcnc.com/news/topstories/storie...s.2c2f165f.html

...This sets a standard," said Mark White and urban planner.

this should obviously say "an urban planner"

http://www.wcnc.com/news/topstories/storie...g.2d7acb5b.html

Officers said that around the same time they arrived to the scene in Mattherws a young man showed up at CMC in Pineville-Matthews with a gunshot wound in the back.

this one should say either "CMC in Pineville with..." or "CMC on Pineville-Matthews"

If you look around their website, you'll find many more examples.

Archived