Do they even bother to read the nonsense they write?

monsoon

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi there! New member and this is my first post.

I read further on in the Observer that this may be a blessing in disguise for Chuck. He is in line for a primo job at ESPN. His contract with WCNC was up anyway.

I hope it works out for him. We hate to lose a good, experienced sportscaster, but if a better opportunity arises, I say go for it.

I guess it was WCNC's knee-jerk reaction to the possibility of someone complaining - even though nobody did!

:blink:

Did any of you see the "Wonderful World of Weather" advertisement on FOX Charlotte right before the Panthers game? It was about a minute long a was an obvious joke. All the weather guys from the channel were flying together in a balloon with a fake, cheesy grin on their faces, waving at everyone below. They flew over the city and over homeless people digging in trash who turned up and waved as they passed. One of the lines mentioned their "target demographic" and showed the poster that was referred to earlier in another thread (I searched and searched, but couldn't find it). This is probably going to be something that shows up on YouTube.

It's amazing the lack of seriousness this channel has.

Did any of you see the "Wonderful World of Weather" advertisement on FOX Charlotte right before the Panthers game? It was about a minute long a was an obvious joke. All the weather guys from the channel were flying together in a balloon with a fake, cheesy grin on their faces, waving at everyone below. They flew over the city and over homeless people digging in trash who turned up and waved as they passed. One of the lines mentioned their "target demographic" and showed the poster that was referred to earlier in another thread (I searched and searched, but couldn't find it). This is probably going to be something that shows up on YouTube.

that's a little sickening.

• 1 year later...

• 2 months later...

I skim Charlotte.com every morning for headlines. The last two days I have noticed articles posted twice on the pages I read. Does anyone at The O pay attention before posting over there? I guess this a change from placing the headline under the story and leaving the article unfinished. They did that for months too. With all the layoffs, there is no one to doublecheck.

I skim Charlotte.com every morning for headlines. The last two days I have noticed articles posted twice on the pages I read. Does anyone at The O pay attention before posting over there? I guess this a change from placing the headline under the story and leaving the article unfinished. They did that for months too. With all the layoffs, there is no one to doublecheck.

• 6 months later...

I've come to the realization that if Jesus Christ himself appeared on Tryon street, accompanied by a choir of singing angels, healing everybody in sight, the headline on WSOC Channel 9 news would be "Police report no major incidents so far as mobs gather uptown"

Seriously, every story is either negative or has some sort of negative spin or worry to it. I think CMPD must have a full time staffer whose sole job is to report to WSOC. "Hello? Yeah, the childrens' Easter egg hunt? Uh, no, no major incidences of violence there yet. Okay, goodbye."

^ I have to agree that our local ABC affiliate is depressing as hell. Every lead story is a shooting, robbery, traffic accident, etc... I can understand that big stories are sometimes bad news, but does that depressing theme have to continue throughout the entire newscast? After a few minutes with this station, I sometimes feel like putting a gun to me head (but I couldn't let them have the satisfaction of making my suicide the lead story).

Archived