Element Music Row | 19 stories, 431 Units | Musica Roundabout

smeagolsfree

The convention center proposal is definitely lacking in the aesthetic beauty department, and lacks much of the practical functionality that most of us desire in a large urban project.

Strings, on the otherhand, is just cartoonish and embarrassing. I mean, one is an ugly building, and the oher is a giant guitar. If these two were cars, the CC proposal might be a gold plated hummer with the steering wheel in the wrong place, and Strings would be...a guitar with wheels.

• Like 3

There's a tent outside her building...maybe she had a camp out night with the grandkids?

That building has no windows? If there is any in the back, they are blocked now by the apartment building.

There seems to be a homeless person camped  there about all the time. That  is the first time I have seen a car there though.

I drive by this site just about every day. I am amazed at the scale of the Faisson project adjacent to it. It is only 7 floors and it is pretty imposing given how long it is. I can't imagine what 18 stories will feel like adjacent to it. It will definitely change the feel of that stretch of Demonbreun to a much more urban environment.

• Like 2

I drive by this site just about every day. I am amazed at the scale of the Faisson project adjacent to it. It is only 7 floors and it is pretty imposing given how long it is. I can't imagine what 18 stories will feel like adjacent to it. It will definitely change the feel of that stretch of Demonbreun to a much more urban environment.

Makes me wonder if the people in the ASCAP building will even be able to see any of downtown anymore.

I don't mind the ASCAP building at all.  Actually, I think it's kinda charming in the same way that 'E.T. is cute.'  haha

Then again, I'm also one that loves to see a huge diversity of architectural design styles in a city, even if they're a bit weird, as long as they keep to basic good urban design standards.  I would be opposed to seeing the octagon building torn down and replaced with yet another nondescript blue glass box. 

• Like 1

I don't mind the ASCAP building at all.  Actually, I think it's kinda charming in the same way that 'E.T. is cute.'  haha

Then again, I'm also one that loves to see a huge diversity of architectural design styles in a city, even if they're a bit weird, as long as they keep to basic good urban design standards.  I would be opposed to seeing the octagon building torn down and replaced with yet another nondescript blue glass box. 

Kind of with you, except I awkwardly admire the octagon that ML despises so much. :P  

• Like 1

Kind of with you, except I awkwardly admire the octagon that ML despises so much. :P  

Wow, I never would have guessed it was possible to admire the octagon, much as I love diversity in architectural styles.  IMO it is far and away the ugliest building in Nashville.  I feel embarrassed for our city every time I see it.   I would like it better if it were stripped of the stucco or whatever that is and covered with gray concrete, weathered and stained.  Brutalism I can handle. This is like brutalism without the brutality.

I don't know, I think that the BMI building is much, much worse.  The ASCAP building is just bland.

The worst thing about the BMI building is having to enter into the front maw, er, um, door. They can fill it up with harvest tables and wooden rockers all they want and it's still a big, imposing, concrete space ready to swallow you whole.

• Like 1

The worst thing about the BMI building is having to enter into the front maw, er, um, door. They can fill it up with harvest tables and wooden rockers all they want and it's still a big, imposing, concrete space ready to swallow you whole.

Yep.  It's like a warehouse.  Then you hear a voice, far away, saying "over here" and you scan the emptiness until you see a small desk with someone beckoning you to come hither.

Yep.  It's like a warehouse.  Then you hear a voice, far away, saying "over here" and you scan the emptiness until you see a small desk with someone beckoning you to come hither.

I dread going in the place and feel cold and lonely the second I walk in the door!  :cold:

I remain cautiously optimistic about this proposal. 

Have you considered possibly revisiting your concept of how long it should take for a proposal to rise out of the ground?  I don't mean that in a critical way, it just seems like everytime a building isn't under construction almost immediately after being proposed, you become worried that it might be in jeopardy, when in reality, it just takes a lot of time to get all the behind the scenes details ironed out.

• Like 4

Here is a Childress Klein project going up in Charlotte which is actually three floors taller than the building proposed in Nashville. Even at three fewer floors, you still get a good sense of the massing and presence it will provide from the roundabout hilltop. 

13107740514_4926f5662c_b.jpg

Imagine the Musica Statue in the front.

• Like 3