Element Music Row | 19 stories, 431 Units | Musica Roundabout

smeagolsfree

Have you considered possibly revisiting your concept of how long it should take for a proposal to rise out of the ground?  I don't mean that in a critical way, it just seems like everytime a building isn't under construction almost immediately after being proposed, you become worried that it might be in jeopardy, when in reality, it just takes a lot of time to get all the behind the scenes details ironed out.

I take your point, but with the Sobro not out of the ground since first announced 2 1/2 years ago, with the 16 year failure with WES, and the failure of Signature, I just don't have much faith on large projects anymore, but I take your point.

I take your point, but with the Sobro not out of the ground since first announced 2 1/2 years ago, with the 16 year failure with WES, and the failure of Signature, I just don't have much faith on large projects anymore, but I take your point.

All except 1212 in the gulch, that project seem to have a smooth development process, and the tower was built fast,

All except 1212 in the gulch, that project seem to have a smooth development process, and the tower was built fast,

Of course, that is being done by Ray Hensler, who may be the most successful developer in Nashville, going back decades. He seems to know exactly how to raise a building, and (most importantly) when to strike.  Personally, I know developers of many stripes, and the true "balls to the wall" developers who know the business best also know exactly how to marshal the funds and get the project underway straightaway. They are the ones who become legends in the business. While I don't know Hensler personally, everything I've learned/heard about the man is that he is a hard-nosed, serious, and brilliant developer in the old sense of the word. Independent (as much as possible), visionary and extremely creative in his approach to making things happen, Hensler sticks with what he knows, and makes it work.  He will finish this and move on to the next project.  Compare to certain developers who seem to be better at spray painting X's on pavement and digging very large holes. 

Edited by MLBrumby
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

He was able to get out of his legal troubles stemming from that incident in a Berry Hill bar/restaurant.  That was probably more of a feat than getting this tower done so quick.

That was a misdemeanor aggaravated assault/disorderly conduct charge.  Nothing to see here.

They have very much started preparation here. I anticipate quick and efficient construction from this project. Should be very impressive when finished and will change the entire feel of the roundabout.

They pulled a tree removal permit Friday. This project is going to be above grade for the most part. The parking garage , I am told will be 9 floors.

They pulled a tree removal permit Friday. This project is going to be above grade for the most part. The parking garage , I am told will be 9 floors.

From the renderings, it looks like the parking structure will be to the rear of the project - abutting the Faison blank wall and facing Division.    Is that your understanding? 

Have they said whether this will be apartments or condos? Last I read it was just stated as "residential"?  I wonder what the price range would be for these? I personally have been looking to move downtown but I am amazed by how much condos cost. I don't know how people can justify spending 180K + for around 1,000 sq ft or so. Then you have the 1212 which is like 500K or so right?

Right now this project is apartments. If they switched to condos they would have to have pre sales before construction could start in most cases unless they self finance. The 1212 tower switched , but Ray Hensler had to have 35 million in pre-sales in order for the bank to let it switch.

• Like 1

Have they said whether this will be apartments or condos? Last I read it was just stated as "residential"?  I wonder what the price range would be for these? I personally have been looking to move downtown but I am amazed by how much condos cost. I don't know how people can justify spending 180K + for around 1,000 sq ft or so. Then you have the 1212 which is like 500K or so right?

You found 1,000 square feet for 180k?  You should have bought that one.  For most of the units over 1,000 square feet you can about double that 180k.

You found 1,000 square feet for 180k?  You should have bought that one.  For most of the units over 1,000 square feet you can about double that 180k.

No I didn't, I was just typing 1,000 because it just hurt internally to type was it really was. Seems to be more like 180K for 650 sq ft. and that is one that needs work. Guess I will stick to living in the burbs :(

Edited by bigeasy
  • Like 1