Stone Avenue at Main Street mixed use development.

gman430

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

3rd quarter 2014 and 1st quarter 2014. 

Wow, was hoping a bit sooner - Based on other similar development timelines I'm guessing the Rowley/Stone would be done by the end of 2014. The development on the corner of Main and Stone is much larger. I didnt see anything about them doing it in phases, but how long would a large development like that take?

Wow, was hoping a bit sooner - Based on other similar development timelines I'm guessing the Rowley/Stone would be done by the end of 2014. The development on the corner of Main and Stone is much larger. I didnt see anything about them doing it in phases, but how long would a large development like that take?

Sites like this take awhile.

1. Im guessing there are tax credits involved here given the neighborhood. Sometimes those take time.

2. They still probably have to revise the design on minimal scale, plus there is the internal design to do as well.

3. Environmental testing of the land as well as studying the land due to water runoff.

The Beach Company's other downtown project which will be starting construction next month took about the same amount of time from when it was first announced to construction starting. 

• 3 weeks later...

I'm sorry some of the neighborhood was against this, but I'm really glad the city is allowing (maybe recruiting) substantial infill. I think Upstate Forever makes a very good point about limiting sprawl. It's good for government coffers, helps with traffic, and keeps us from becoming a Charlotte or Atlanta. 

http://www.greenvilleonline.com/article/20131011/NEWS/310110020/Stone-Main-project-proceeds

Of course, in traditional Greenville News fashion, they focus on the small few who were opposed to it. The article gives all the attention to the complainers. It's only towards the end of the article that it finally says, "oh by the way, there were some people who supported it, too." Yeah, like, pretty much everyone.

Of course, in traditional Greenville News fashion, they focus on the small few who were opposed to it. The article gives all the attention to the complainers. It's only towards the end of the article that it finally says, "oh by the way, there were some people who supported it, too." Yeah, like, pretty much everyone.

I can't wait until The Greenville Snooze is out of business.  Hopefully it won't be long now.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Infill is great. $20 million worth of infill on 5 acres, even better.  Can anyone estimate what 226 apartments and 21,000 sq. feet of retail will add to the city's yearly collected revenue? 

Well, the city has about 62,000 residents with a yearly budget around $120 million. They keep a certain amount of revenue in reserve for a "rainy day."

Infill is great. $20 million worth of infill on 5 acres, even better.  Can anyone estimate what 226 apartments and 21,000 sq. feet of retail will add to the city's yearly collected revenue? 

My ballpark back of the envelope estimate for CITY property taxes would be about $130,000 per year.  The county and school district taxes would NOT be included in that. Neither would Business License fees from whatever businesses located there, nor the alcohol or other taxes they might pay, some of which would go to the city.

• 1 month later...

Heard a rumor... and this is second hand so don't know if its true but possible Trader Joe's for either Stone/Main or old Bilo location at Park/Main. 

People have been talking about Trader Joe's rumors for months so may just be extension of that but just curious if anyone has heard anything similar.

Heard a rumor... and this is second hand so don't know if its true but possible Trader Joe's for either Stone/Main or old Bilo location at Park/Main. 

People have been talking about Trader Joe's rumors for months so may just be extension of that but just curious if anyone has heard anything similar.

I would love Trader Joe's at Stone and Main. Just moved to around the area and am hoping one comes to this side of town.

Does anyone know the typical Trader Joe's footprint?    15-17-K would fit perfectly. 

According to Wiki: 

As of December 2013, Trader Joe's had a total of 408 stores in the United States [1] with more stores being added regularly. Most locations average between 8,000 and 12,000 sq ft (1,100 m2). In February 2008, Businessweek reported that the company has the highest sales per square foot of any grocer in the U.S. Two-and-a-half years later, Fortune magazine estimated sales to be $1,750 in merchandise per square foot, more than double the sales generated by Whole Foods.[2]

If at Stone/Main, personally id rather it be a smaller footprint like the 8k mentioned above so that there could be a good mix of shops/restaurants within the total 21k. If at the, hopefully redone, Park/Main location I would hope for a bigger 12k anchor for that development.

All speculation/wishful thinking...

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived