Stone Avenue at Main Street mixed use development.

gman430

The project is comprised of multiple residential, retail, and parking structures on a 4.5 acre site in the North main area of Greenville, SC. There are a total of 241 residential units, 299 structured parking spaces, 61 surface parking spaces, and 15,000 sf of retail/restaurant space. Total enclosed gross building area is 252,667 sf; total residential heated area of units is 196,617 sf; the precast parking structure is approximately 123,500 sf.

Any word on the Stone at Rowley project?

Haven't heard anything.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would love Trader Joe's at Stone and Main. Just moved to around the area and am hoping one comes to this side of town.

A friend of mine emailed the Mayor about this, and here's his reply:

Thanks for your note. We are actively recruiting grocery stores to a number of city sites. Sorry to say Trader Joes tells us they are too focused on expansion elsewhere to do another Gville store though it would be successful. We are on it! Thanks Knox

There is not currently sewer capacity for these two projects. They can not take place until the city makes improvements and repairs to the sewer line in Park Ave. which are planned.

They can still start construction just as long as the sewer improvements are completed by the time these two projects are.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This whole area needs mixed use developments. Looks nice but it will only act as a divide in the already separated and underdeveloped portion of downtown known as The North End.

Agree. Really wish this whole stretch would turn into an extension of main with mixed use developments.

• 2 weeks later...

What this area/ street needs to become is similar to Carytown in Richmond. It needs to be a district unlike any other in Greenville. Cool shops, retail, walkable, restaurants, small parks, unique grocers for locals, Gallery walks, and a different vibe than the rest of Greenville. Greenville as a whole has to do a better job of creating these "hip" areas around town. So much potential so hopefully it's developed right. 

Not sure I agree with you...so there should be no rules or regulation or groups of concerned citizens making sure the builders stay true to the neighborhoods architecture? Cities work with developers, they don't get out of the way. They help with the creation of public parks, sidewalks, traffic patterns, etc. Gov't has its role in helping develop certain areas. Just like the city got rid of the dumb prohibition laws to attract more breweries. 

Also, I'd like Stone Ave to be local as much as possible. Local vendors, restaurant owners, artists, music venues, etc. I'd hate to see national food chains pop up along Stone. 

Archived