MSU Biomedical Research Campus - Phase II

GRDadof3

• 5 weeks later...

• 3 weeks later...

There's something strange being built on the MSU site, saw it yesterday. It's a steel structure going up just to the East of the main building. You can't see it on the webcam because it's behind the tree: 

http://oxblue.com/open/msu/grrc

I don't know if it's going to be a piece of art? Or one of those masonry displays where they show the outside of the building for the construction crew? It has a concrete base to it..

22501820108_c52e975241_c.jpg

Edited by GRDadof3

• 2 weeks later...

Some photos from yesterday.

With the weather plastic on, you really do get a better idea of the final mass of the building and how that will relate to its surroundings.

Compared to the set back of the old Press building, with its blank wall ground floor, this is a universe of difference. It and the Rowe are really going to fit nicely.

WP_20151126_13_50_53_Pro.jpg

WP_20151126_13_51_15_Pro.jpg

WP_20151126_13_51_46_Pro.jpg

WP_20151126_14_36_27_Pro.jpg

20 hours ago, gvsusean said:

im disappointed in its final height. It looks much more stout than it did in the renderings (to me)....

It may be those picture angles, because in real life it looks (to me) like it's way taller than the renderings. I never thought it'd be even close to the Rowe's height when I first saw the renderings. 

56 minutes ago, GRDadof3 said:

It may be those picture angles, because in real life it looks (to me) like it's way taller than the renderings. I never thought it'd be even close to the Rowe's height when I first saw the renderings. 

Agreed. It's much taller than i thought it'd be from the renderings. It's almost exactly the same height as the Rowe (with the additional floor). 

Joe

1 hour ago, GRDadof3 said:

That must be it. The pic with the Rowe does make it look taller.

Suggestion on a photo vantage point. (You'd have to leave your four-wheeler.)

<iframe src="https://www.google.com/maps/embed?pb=!1m0!3m2!1sen!2sus!4v1448897471393!6m8!1m7!1sUSnIGAt1zy6iUimGqrfOuw!2m2!1d42.97038425026388!2d-85.67205955417634!3f156.94233508181418!4f-3.4429964336524677!5f0.7820865974627469" width="600" height="450" frameborder="0" style="border:0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Edited by Veloise

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, joeDowntown said:

Looks nice. One trend I hope never comes back in style: green brick. I don't think I'll ever learn to love the Federal building. 

Joe

That was a strange trend. I think there are actually a couple of green brick buildings on Western's or MSU's campus. Growing up we also had the exact same color refrigerator and telephone. :wacko:

• 2 weeks later...