MSU Biomedical Research Campus - Phase II

GRDadof3

There was some discussion on Mlive about windows on the South side and the Ford building possibly blocking them and it reminded me that driving up Monroe today I noticed that the Ford building is placed quite a bit to the East. You'll almost be able to see the entire MSU building coming North up Monroe.

Trim out the MSU building with puke-green bricks and it will be a great (and unfortunate) complement to the Ford building.

By color, I meant material. Brick, glass, etc. I actually like the research facility GRDad posted earlier. Some variety would be nice. Everything is white between Monroe and the children's hospital.

Yes. All that battleship gray screams institutional use: "There's nothing going on here but intense academic rigor!!" :)

Look, they even took all the color out of the surrounding buildings. Like the designer doesn't even have the color feature turned on in his CAD software, or doesn't want anything to be in color, like the city in Logans Run... Spooky. Even the cars and people are all white...like covered in powder. :) 

16457467892_8b5a8cf5f0_b.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I drove by and thought "all this big construction equipment is like a little boys dream".

Does anybody know why they took off just one panel on the parking lot side? My guess is to make it easier to get internal debris out.

Yeah, there are big dumpsters outside those holes in the wall.