Sign in to follow this  
GRDadof3

MSU Biomedical Research Campus

GRDadof3    1830

Research labs are pretty much "not very exciting," nothing like those sci-fi movies make them out to be, but here ya go anyway:

http://www.mlive.com/news/grand-rapids/index.ssf/2017/09/msus_88m_grand_rapids_research.html

I actually think the building doesn't look that bad from the highway side now. 

mpchicago    186

All and all I think the building came out well.

It's interesting that there is no name associated with this building yet.   Are they waiting for a bigger check than those written by Rich DeVos and Peter Secchia?

Also wonder if we will hear, anytime soon,  if there are any plans in the pipeline for the remainder of the property.

2 hours ago, mpchicago said:

All and all I think the building came out well.

It's interesting that there is no name associated with this building yet.   Are they waiting for a bigger check than those written by Rich DeVos and Peter Secchia?

Also wonder if we will hear, anytime soon,  if there are any plans in the pipeline for the remainder of the property.

In the picture it looks like they'll add a name or at least "MSU Biomedical" next to the logo.

GRDadof3    1830
1 hour ago, TheSutterKing said:

In the picture it looks like they'll add a name or at least "MSU Biomedical" next to the logo.

On the back (highway) side, it has Sparty and Michigan State University. No other name on it yet. 

joeDowntown    664
39 minutes ago, GRDadof3 said:

On the back (highway) side, it has Sparty and Michigan State University. No other name on it yet. 

I really like the Spartan logo (note: I'm not a college football fan so have no love/hate relationship with either U of M or MSU- they are both fine institutions). I hope they add it to the Secchia building too. Much cooler than the inverted S that is up now (it looks off-brand to me; coming from a Marketing guy). :) can't wait for the building to fill with researchers and such. 

Joe

• Like 1

thebeerqueer    199
15 hours ago, GRDadof3 said:

Sparty on!

• Like 1