Sign in to follow this  
GRDadof3

MSU Biomedical Research Campus

There was some discussion on Mlive about windows on the South side and the Ford building possibly blocking them and it reminded me that driving up Monroe today I noticed that the Ford building is placed quite a bit to the East. You'll almost be able to see the entire MSU building coming North up Monroe.

16459618742_43477560fe_b.jpg

16434549576_8355e28e73_b.jpg

I'll see if I can get some cleaner versions, and from different angles.

This one is a tad clearer, same angle.

16457467892_7e96b39c3a_o.jpg

Footprint looks similar to what was leaked before.

msu_preliminary_2.jpg

Boring.  makes the design at 35/41 division look like design of the year. if they built this it would be a missed opportunity to say the least.

Edited by jas49503

You're right. Will be interesting to see how it looks driving north on Monroe (especially at night).

Joe

Once it all gets filled in by 2020, it will look like a whole new section of downtown. :) Even if they only do 12 - 15 story buildings near MSU and on the Press site...

15843819123_331a29b721_o.jpg

I'm surprised that Granger or Christman hasn't jumped in on the rest of the "campus" yet. Granger particularly is starting to do "healthcare campuses" around the country like Metro Health's.

There was some discussion on Mlive about windows on the South side and the Ford building possibly blocking them and it reminded me that driving up Monroe today I noticed that the Ford building is placed quite a bit to the East. You'll almost be able to see the entire MSU building coming North up Monroe.

Trim out the MSU building with puke-green bricks and it will be a great (and unfortunate) complement to the Ford building.

Trim out the MSU building with puke-green bricks and it will be a great (and unfortunate) complement to the Ford building.

MSUresearchlabsgreen.jpg

Edited by Veloise

One of my biggest pet peeves about the building is the color. There seems to be a trend along that stretch of Michigan for White buildings (white / concrete, etc). Was hoping for a bit of color. But maybe they other infill will take care of that.

Joe

By color, I meant material. Brick, glass, etc. I actually like the research facility GRDad posted earlier. Some variety would be nice. Everything is white between Monroe and the children's hospital.

By color, I meant material. Brick, glass, etc. I actually like the research facility GRDad posted earlier. Some variety would be nice. Everything is white between Monroe and the children's hospital.

Yes. All that battleship gray screams institutional use: "There's nothing going on here but intense academic rigor!!" :)

Look, they even took all the color out of the surrounding buildings. Like the designer doesn't even have the color feature turned on in his CAD software, or doesn't want anything to be in color, like the city in Logans Run... Spooky. Even the cars and people are all white...like covered in powder. :) 

16457467892_8b5a8cf5f0_b.jpg

Maybe they envision the intersection being a big draw for street performers.

:o  GEEZ... That is a terrifying picture... Thank you for scaring the sh_t out of me so early in the morning...

Maybe they envision the intersection being a big draw for street performers.

White+Lady.jpg

What does "bio-engineering" really mean...  Go Green...Soylent Green....Soylent Green is people!!! :)

logan02.jpg

large_soylent_green_blu-ray_10.jpg

• Like 1

Just drove past there and they are taking down the vinyl sign on the corner of Michigan and Monroe, the one with the actual photos of the rocks behind it integrated in the sign.

Can the public help?

BYOHH...Bring Your Own Hard Hat?

I've heard old Press employees are hoping to get old bricks and fixtures.

Fences are up, Pitsch demolition is on site. Here we go. Will be fascinating to watch such a strange building be brought down. I've been throughout the building and it seems like it's built like a tank.

OH MY! Those old street lights!

WTH, they look like bug zappers!

Oh and look, the cars have all the salty crap on them in the winter back then too.