Memphis Construction Photos

Memphis4ever

• 2 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 7/22/2022 at 10:15 AM, VSRJ said:

Great to see a few couple of cranes downtown!

At some point we should have 7 on the south end and maybe 10 in all.  2 at the mobility center, 2 for grand hyatt, 2 for the vance avenue apartments which the foundation work has started, 1 maybe for the home 2 suites, there is 1 at lebonhuer childrens hospital, 1 at st jude but it will be gone soon, and 2 at the new apartments in the snuff district.  Who knows how many will come if the walk on union project starts construction. 

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Memphis4ever said:

At some point we should have 7 on the south end and maybe 10 in all.  2 at the mobility center, 2 for grand hyatt, 2 for the vance avenue apartments which the foundation work has started, 1 maybe for the home 2 suites, there is 1 at lebonhuer childrens hospital, 1 at st jude but it will be gone soon, and 2 at the new apartments in the snuff district.  Who knows how many will come if the walk on union project starts construction. 

Great to see how incredibly fast they have started this downtown mobility center. I wish all new development in Memphis moved efficiently and swiftly like this. If it did, Memphis could be on another level development-wise. 

I am remaining optimistic about the Memphis Walk, but not too confident in the project's ability to get financing. That seems to be the struggle they are having. 

We will see if it can get to the "shovels in the ground" point this fall! Would LOVE to see that project actually happen. 

On 7/25/2022 at 9:33 AM, jjbradleyBrooklyn said:

Great to see how incredibly fast they have started this downtown mobility center. I wish all new development in Memphis moved efficiently and swiftly like this. If it did, Memphis could be on another level development-wise. 

I am remaining optimistic about the Memphis Walk, but not too confident in the project's ability to get financing. That seems to be the struggle they are having. 

We will see if it can get to the "shovels in the ground" point this fall! Would LOVE to see that project actually happen. 

The Walk is definitely a game changer, and would create a boulevard like effect on Union, which is needed, since Union is one of the major gateways into downtown. Hopefully the stalling of this project means that the area can fill the demand for residential downtown without oversaturating the area. Don't want too much at one time.  Downtown has been successful in the residential projects because it has started slowly and smartly.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
39 minutes ago, dxfret said:

Downtown Memphis seems very empty, not a lot of traffic and little street activity. Almost like a small town. 

Assuming those photos were taken on the day they were posted (August 27), it was a Saturday with temperatures in the mid/upper 90s. I don't think many cities would be bustling in those conditions.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, dxfret said:

Downtown Memphis seems very empty, not a lot of traffic and little street activity. Almost like a small town. 

I’ve driven downtown many times, mostly on Saturday, and there’s always people walking around, even on Main St. There was a certain vibe in the air too. It was cool to see. Made me proud. It’s only going to get better. 

15 hours ago, The Guardian of Memphis said:

I’ve driven downtown many times, mostly on Saturday, and there’s always people walking around, even on Main St. There was a certain vibe in the air too. It was cool to see. Made me proud. It’s only going to get better. 

Don't even bother responding to fret.  All he ever does over here is take digs at Memphis.  

• Like 3