Memphis Construction Photos

Memphis4ever

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like some good infill.

Where are the hot zones in Memphis? It seems like there are a few projects around downtown...but a lot of what I have seen seems to be in the Midtown/U of M area, and some in East Memphis.

The hot zones in Memphis are Mid town overton square area, the medical district around UT, The University District around the U of M, there are lots of apartments under construction on the south end of downtown around the Central Station and a rumored mixed use development.  In east Memphis there is International Paper Expansion and a few banks.  Most of the development though is in Overton square midtown.  St Jude just topped of a new tower and Nike has actually been building a lot in Raleigh not to far from my place.  1.2 million distribution center, 800,000 square foot expansion, and 200,000 foot call center.  Also the first green sustainable neighborhood is being built in frayser, wolf river bluffs.  I still have more pictures to upload.  There are rumors of Hilton Garden Inn trying to locate near the Autozone baseball stadium.

The hot zones in Memphis are Mid town overton square area, the medical district around UT, The University District around the U of M, there are lots of apartments under construction on the south end of downtown around the Central Station and a rumored mixed use development.  In east Memphis there is International Paper Expansion and a few banks.  Most of the development though is in Overton square midtown.  St Jude just topped of a new tower and Nike has actually been building a lot in Raleigh not to far from my place.  1.2 million distribution center, 800,000 square foot expansion, and 200,000 foot call center.  Also the first green sustainable neighborhood is being built in frayser, wolf river bluffs.  I still have more pictures to upload.  There are rumors of Hilton Garden Inn trying to locate near the Autozone baseball stadium.

It seems like Midtown is a logical focal point for urban construction in Memphis, since it is more or less in the middle of the city, unlike downtown. I really like what I'm seeing/hearing about in those areas. Memphis is lucky to have such a large, uninterrupted block of urban neighborhoods. Midtown, Cooper-Young...I really like the fairgrounds proposal...and of course U of M. Glad to see things seem to be on the up and up there.

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Guess they havent painted the stucco yet.  Cant wait for one beale downtown I wonder if it will keep its height

It's hard to tell. I think that post recession the amount of condo units would be significantly lower. That added with the lack of a hotel could mean a significantly shorter building, however they could condense everything into one tower to be even taller. I think their biggest problem this time around will be selling condo units (rentals would be much easier to finance) and finding a tenant for the office portion. Regarding the height, I don't particularly think that any corporation would want to share the same tower as residents would, especially when there's so much land at that site to build on. 

Do you post over on SkyscraperPage? 

It's hard to tell. I think that post recession the amount of condo units would be significantly lower. That added with the lack of a hotel could mean a significantly shorter building, however they could condense everything into one tower to be even taller. I think their biggest problem this time around will be selling condo units (rentals would be much easier to finance) and finding a tenant for the office portion. Regarding the height, I don't particularly think that any corporation would want to share the same tower as residents would, especially when there's so much land at that site to build on. 

Do you post over on SkyscraperPage? 

Not sure if i have posted there

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Just an update on IP Headquarter and Pyramid Renovations.  The sky walk has been added and the exterior entrances have been added on the pyramid along with the curbs and islands for the parking lot, can't wait to see how this turns out.  Next I need to get some pics of the Graceland hotel construction.post-21747-0-00972400-1412178532_thumb.jpost-21747-0-00972400-1412178532_thumb.jpost-21747-0-72299400-1412178541_thumb.jpost-21747-0-43258100-1412178545_thumb.j

post-21747-0-42044700-1412178536_thumb.j

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

NEW SPEC OFFICE BUILDING in east Memphis. 

This new building is basically a mirror of the existing suntrust building.  Due to a very high class A occupancy there is a need for more office space.  I just feel east memphis is due for at least a 15 story building by now space is running low.

post-21747-0-34609100-1425428988_thumb.j

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...