Memphis Construction Photos

Memphis4ever

• 2 weeks later...

• 3 weeks later...

Hilton garden inn on Union ave across from the Autozone park is officially under construction.  This is the new proposed rendering.  Site pics coming soon currently there is just leveled dirt.  Hotel will also include public patio and indoor saltwater pool.Screenshot_20170425-085629.jpg.751948765af99065ee9e2bf2484c3573.jpg

Edited by Memphis4ever
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...

Havent posted in a second but several projects are moving along

Sears (Crosstown Concourse Building Opening)20170819_191650.thumb.jpg.827c99035c986beeea531cd632622c47.jpg20170819_182348.thumb.jpg.6f5bfe1fd94e784eb507fa6b12726264.jpg20170819_183712.thumb.jpg.d40764ae8c9179b1c8c202d402d176be.jpg

Hilton Hotel across from autozone park,  Artspace Lofts near south Main, Patterson place on GE Patterson, Tennessee Brewery new tower, front street apartments phase I (MEM), and Methodist Hospital Expansion

20170718_185118.jpg

20170726_152302.jpg

20170802_181117.jpg

20170731_120715.jpg

20170801_134937.jpg

20170803_085742.jpg

20170722_193547.jpg

• Like 4

On 8/29/2017 at 5:52 PM, MLBrumby said:

When is One Beale going to get out of the ground? Is Carlisle like Alex S. Palmer in Nashville? All bluster... delay... delay... delay? I understand his son has even left the firm.

Honestly I have a friend working at the firm and they are being closed lipped about it.  I think it is going to happen since land was purchased a few months ago to build the garage at front street vs under the building.  Also the current owner of that building has emptied out the old mechanical equipment and has started some demolition.  im sure since the garage has been repositioned to the east of the site there is some additional design work to be done.  Im guessing if there is no news about 1 beale by december it wont happen but im really waiting on that one.  Also two large convention hotels are being proposed so those should be decent sized buildings.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
  • 5 months later...
4 hours ago, MLBrumby said:

Good to see this forum come to life. 

I really like the windows on the Brewery Apartments.

Does the new hotel next to Sterrick portend any bright future for that beautiful building? 

It's tied up in a complicated land lease debacle where one entity owns the building and another owns the land it sits on...not sure anything will happen anytime soon. It's a shame, especially when you consider what was accomplished with Crosstown.

1 hour ago, VSRJ said:

It's tied up in a complicated land lease debacle where one entity owns the building and another owns the land it sits on...not sure anything will happen anytime soon. It's a shame, especially when you consider what was accomplished with Crosstown.

Wow! That's when you need good city leadership to take a lead in negotiating a corporation (LLC) including both owners with an iron clad disposition clause and opportunities for tax incentives. I'd guess that both owners would like to make money off a rehabilitated property. That's what's called a win-win. 

4 hours ago, MLBrumby said:

Wow! That's when you need good city leadership to take a lead in negotiating a corporation (LLC) including both owners with an iron clad disposition clause and opportunities for tax incentives. I'd guess that both owners would like to make money off a rehabilitated property. That's what's called a win-win. 

They do plan to renovate the sterrick building, its just a much more costly and expensive renovation due to the age and short floor to floor height of only 8 feet.  The legal issue disappears soon.  But with the way things are going it will be the last large empty old building left.  The city of Memphis truly would have filled them all up.  Pyramid, crosstown, 100 north main, brewery, hickman building, chisca.  All these monsters were empty 6 years ago.  Once they old stuff is full we should have a few nice size buildings going up.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Memphis4ever said:

They do plan to renovate the sterrick building, its just a much more costly and expensive renovation due to the age and short floor to floor height of only 8 feet.  The legal issue disappears soon.  But with the way things are going it will be the last large empty old building left.  The city of Memphis truly would have filled them all up.  Pyramid, crosstown, 100 north main, brewery, hickman building, chisca.  All these monsters were empty 6 years ago.  Once they old stuff is full we should have a few nice size buildings going up.

And that's part of what makes me love Memphis as much as I do. I love living in Nashville and seeing the glass towers rise left and right, but it just isn't the same as seeing a decrepit building like the Brewery, Crosstown or the Chisca being brought back to life.

• Like 3

On 9/8/2018 at 12:03 PM, Memphis4ever said:

I still feel people don't understand the amount of projects happening in Memphis,  below are all the recently approved design review board projects.  Yes the convention center renovation is attached, it currently being re bid in November.

Building on Carolina next to Loflin Yards

376764259_Pagesfrom27_W_Carolina_Ave_DRB_Staff_Report__Application.thumb.jpg.59164945ffc2e845ea9205b8aa809b8b.jpg

I'd missing seeing this one in the news. Thanks for posting. 

Edited by arkitekte

• 3 weeks later...

The new apartments at Madison and Mclean have started foundation work about 2 weeks ago pics will be coming soon.  Also the 14 story Aloft hotel has started construction this project is actually one of the more interesting hotel renovations as it will add a rooftop pool and bar in a new building.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...