Sign in to follow this  
vicupstate

Cancer Survivor's Park

Very excited to hear that this has started construction. Can't wait to see how this turns out.

There's certainly a lot of development going on in Downtown right now. I really like all the developments along the Reedy and how the urban growth is following the river. However, I think this park is what I'm most excited about right now. There's no replacement for a great park system, and Greenville certainly understands those non-tangible benefits. This will be awesome when it's done!

• Like 1

Has anyone been to check out the new boardwalk? It looks great from Church St and the trail. I might have to go explore today.

The new boardwalk is fantastic - it gives the feeling of living among the trees, even before the leaves are out.   I'm wondering if they're going to prohibit bikes or mandate walking; they can easily and silently gain speed on the downhill direction.   Some great views from the overlooks.

• Like 1

Great to see more movement but it would nice to see the whole thing finished. It has been many years already just to get to this point.  

On 1/6/2017 at 4:38 PM, StrangeCock said:

Is there anything they can do under that bridge so it doesn't smell like poo all the time? Kind of ruins the atmosphere.

It is already planned for Rewa to do work on their lines in the area to fix that.

• Like 1