Bridgestone HQ 30 stories - 460' | Retail.U/C

MLBrumby

Something else I forgot to mention...When I was looking at the site a little while ago, I noticed that It's really not all that large of an area. In person it actually looks kind of small. You would think they would almost have to build on top of a parking garage, because there doesn't seem like there's room for an attached one. If this is the case the chances of this being fairly tall are pretty good. 

Edited by mirydi

The way things were shaping up, it seemed to me like the whole point of bringing Highwoods on board was to take care of leasing the spec floors.  If Bridgestone wants to occupy the whole thing, why did Tony not just build the tower for them? 

Between that and the fact that it seems like a strange business decision to build office space that doesn't allow much room for growth and expansion, I thought there was a pretty good chance we were going to see something really tall and potentially even a new tallest. 

That said, I'm sure there are a lot of considerations being accounted for that I am totally unaware of regardless of whatever kind of tower we end of seeing.  And, as has been said, if Bridgestone wants to go shorter and have the building to themselves then that just leaves more tenants on the table to help Turnberry, CST, etc. get out of the ground. 

Edited by ruraljuror
  • Like 2

You had to have dreamt that because they're pinned in by the half city block this site is. The site is too small for an attached parking garage and would make no  real economic sense, plus they'd have to have gone through the entire process with Metro all over again and this wouldn't have happened as fast if such were the case. 

Highwoods has the cash that Tony doesn't, plain and simple. That said, Tony likely started talks with Bridgestone but couldn't quite execute all the way and brought on Highwoods who then practically bought him out of the development, mostly. This will be taller than Pinnacle, unless they pull something stunning, in a bad way for us height lovers. 

Even if reduced to thirty stories, wouldn't that be atop parking ?

That's what I'm hoping for. There doesn't seem to be any room for an attached parking garage. 

Edit: Or should I say enough room for an attached parking garage. 

Edited by mirydi

Subject to approvals from the Nashville Metropolitan Council, Industrial Development Board and the State, the planned 514,000-square-foot, 30-story headquarters building, located at 4th Avenue S. and Demonbreun Street, will break ground in early 2015 with planned occupancy in the third quarter of 2017. Bridgestone Americas selected Highwoods Properties (NYSE:HIW), to develop the Company’s new headquarters. Global architecture firm Perkins + Will has been retained by Highwoods and Bridgestone to design the new facility and tenant improvements, which are expected to be LEED-certified at the Gold level and reflect best practices in workplace space design. Upon completion, the facility will be one of the largest and tallest corporate headquarters buildings in Nashville. Financial terms are not being disclosed by Bridgestone.

Per Tennessean; The Bridgestone building at 4th and Demonbreun St. will be 30 stories, with Bridgestone being the lone tenant.

For live coverage: The Tennessean

More tweets:

Bridgestone CEO Gary Garfield: "We were aggressively courted by several major cities. We were also courted by Nashville."

And BOOM!

Bstone_zpse14fa589.jpg

Edited by PHofKS

This is going to be big... I love the build-up.

open 2017

Moving several business units to Nashville

only 30-story 

Over $200 million

taller than pinnacle by a large amount

cool design

1700 jobs

Bringing the national business units to Nashville will help out bid to land a direct flight to Tokyo.

Edited by Guest