MLBrumby

Bridgestone HQ 30 stories - 460' | Retail.U/C

It looks awfully similar to the first rendering for Sheet Music, which I recall everyone being generally underwhelmed by, but when they released the render with the view from the other side, it was considerably more impressive. Did anyone at the presentation get a view of what the opposite side from this rendering will look like?

Edit: wow, alot of posts in the time it took me to type that! Love what I'm seeing in the new pics. And won't sobro be topped out by the time this is built? So we can imagine that in those pictures as well

Edited by NikOnder

Such an amazing time for development right now. With all of the hotels and office space slated to go up, does anyone think 505 CST has a shot at being built now? Seems like we need more residential.

WOW!!! this project happened really fast.

would love to see the Sobro in that rendering.

That's going to be one area of shiny glass buildings!!! Going to need shades in the summer to look towards the developing skyline of SoBro!!!

• Like 2

I'm guessing right at 450'.  I don't like the design as much as the first Sheet Music design, nor as well as yesterday's JWM render...but it's pretty stinkin' nice!  I'll take it and be happy as a clam.

• Like 2

well, tony just sold part of his lot to the city for a parking garage that 505 can prop itself on, then he sold this lot,  I think 505 is safely right around the corner. He has cash now.

• Like 1

^Pinnacle is 417'; Again I'm counting 27 occupy able floors, and nowhere to park.  I know I'm being greedy, but is this truly the last renditions?  Could this grow a bit taller?

That view down Demonbreun is spectacular.

My thoughts exactly, Bridgestone really is becoming this citys flaship company along with HCA

First time long time, Is the SOBRO still going up and if so will the Encore shrivel and die?

Edited by squidink
  • Like 1

Where's the SoBro in the pic??? Too bad this building will only be 100 feet taller than SoBro, but the SoBro will look more like infill sitting in front of this! Very nice!

WOW!!! this project happened really fast.

would love to see the Sobro in that rendering.

I'm sure PHofKS is hard at work on that already... :good:

• Like 4

in most of these the top occupied floor seems to be about even with the top of Pinnacle's crown.  then the Bridgestone crown adding another 30 or so feet. the crown looks shorter than that on Pinnacle. 

Edited by volsfanwill

Regarding parking. If you look at the close-up rendering, the glazing below the orange "notch" has a slightly different appearance. I believe parking will be located on the floors below. This was more obvious in the first Sheet Music images.

Regarding parking. If you look at the close-up rendering, the glazing below the orange "notch" has a slightly different appearance. I believe parking will be located on the floors below. This was more obvious in the first Sheet Music images.

From Highwoods' description of the construction, it sounds like there will be significant excavation for underground parking, although I don't have specifics.  

I know one things for sure. There will be a crap-ton of tower cranes in the skyline next year. Here's my estimates...SoBro=2, Bridgestone=2, Turnberry=3-4, Westin=2, Old convention center site=5-6, Hyatt Regency=2, Eakin=2, Thompson hotel=2, Virgin hotel=2, Buckingham=3-4......and a few more possibilities as well. 

OK, by popular demand...

BStonewSoBro_zpsda733f87.jpg

Hard to get the scale right from that render. It seems a little odd.

Love it Pete, I think it looks great...Thanks!

Edited by mirydi