Bridgestone HQ 30 stories - 460' | Retail.U/C

MLBrumby

It looks awfully similar to the first rendering for Sheet Music, which I recall everyone being generally underwhelmed by, but when they released the render with the view from the other side, it was considerably more impressive. Did anyone at the presentation get a view of what the opposite side from this rendering will look like?

Edit: wow, alot of posts in the time it took me to type that! Love what I'm seeing in the new pics. And won't sobro be topped out by the time this is built? So we can imagine that in those pictures as well

Edited by NikOnder

Such an amazing time for development right now. With all of the hotels and office space slated to go up, does anyone think 505 CST has a shot at being built now? Seems like we need more residential.

WOW!!! this project happened really fast.

would love to see the Sobro in that rendering.

That's going to be one area of shiny glass buildings!!! Going to need shades in the summer to look towards the developing skyline of SoBro!!!

• Like 2

Regarding parking. If you look at the close-up rendering, the glazing below the orange "notch" has a slightly different appearance. I believe parking will be located on the floors below. This was more obvious in the first Sheet Music images.

From Highwoods' description of the construction, it sounds like there will be significant excavation for underground parking, although I don't have specifics.  

I know one things for sure. There will be a crap-ton of tower cranes in the skyline next year. Here's my estimates...SoBro=2, Bridgestone=2, Turnberry=3-4, Westin=2, Old convention center site=5-6, Hyatt Regency=2, Eakin=2, Thompson hotel=2, Virgin hotel=2, Buckingham=3-4......and a few more possibilities as well. 

OK, by popular demand...

BStonewSoBro_zpsda733f87.jpg

Hard to get the scale right from that render. It seems a little odd.

Love it Pete, I think it looks great...Thanks!

Edited by mirydi