Bridgestone HQ 30 stories - 460' | Retail.U/C

MLBrumby

Ground breaking won't be till the end of the year, very beginning of next year at the absolute latest. Just because a few council members are "uneasy" about the incentives, doesn't mean this won't happen, or isn't a done deal. Those few probably oppose any and all spending anyways. The incentive package will be approved unanimously I assure you. 

I think they have it as Sheet Music until an official name change. There have been other projects like that. I knew the first order of business was a lot consolidation. It is going in front of the MDHA design and review board as well today. https://www.nashvillepost.com/blogs/postbusiness/2014/11/18/mdha_to_vote_on_bridgestone_tower_design

I think the support in the Metro council is there as Erica Gilmore says on a half dozen do not approve. Its always the same outspoken half dozen.

The ATT is 527 right below the spires which are 90 feet. 528 feet would actually be the new tallest. Cannot count the spires.

Well, technically the spires are architectural elements, unlike the antennae atop L&C. If you ask New York, that counts in its height! Asking Chicago, on the other hand...

• Like 2

So...if we had a building that was actually 600' (no spires or antennae), it would break that barrier, as long as it's at a decent elevation, correct?

Surely we'll get close to that with the JWM.

I think the JWM....if it happens, will be in the 450 range at most. 35 floors at 12 is 420 with a cap could be 450-460.

I am with you in your skepticism.  New workers moving to the area don't necessarily generate additional revenues for Davidson County sufficient to offset the long-term tax forgiveness.  If they all bought houses in Davidson County to generate new residential property taxes and did all of their shopping in Davidson County to boost the local-option sales taxes, that might cover it.  But that is a large number to recover.

On a positive note, I learned at Tuesday's MNPS School Board meeting that Bridgestone is making a significant commitment to the Music Makes Us program benefitting a large number of public school students.  This kind of creative mutual benefit public-private partnership arrangement shows promise.

It's not a perfect piece, but this article from ULI Magazine over the summer provides a reasonably good overview of TIF for those who may be interested.

http://urbanland.uli.org/economy-markets-trends/tax-increment-financing-tweaking-tif-21st-century/

Edited by RonCamp
  • Like 1

The overlooked fate of Bridgestone's current Nashville headquarters

http://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/blog/real-estate/2014/11/the-overlooked-fate-of-bridgestones-current.html?page=all

As the article states, this will help in our recruitment for headquarters and expansions. I think it is a great location with great access to the highway, hotels, oprymills down the road, and of course a skip and a hop from the airport.

And with this building having 25k sq ft floor plates, and excellent signage is a big help as well.