MLBrumby

Bridgestone HQ 30 stories - 460' | Retail.U/C

chris holman    4083

So is this just another Giarratana proposal that will never happen? I kinda wish he would just get one of them started before going onto the next high-rise.

Yes I want to see one of the 4 or 5 project's he proposed before getting too exited

• Like 1

satalac    488

I don't know, I don't remember him having any specific company talking to him about his other projects, this one it sounds like he does.

• Like 1

BnaBreaker    4578

So is this just another Giarratana proposal that will never happen? I kinda wish he would just get one of them started before going onto the next high-rise.

I couldn't agree more.  The suspense is killing me!  So many lofty, high-minded proposals on the table in this city and yet it seems like so few of them are actually under construction at the moment. 

TheRaglander    696

Why would any international HQ move to Davidson county without some ridiculous incentive like everyone else is getting?  I think either Tony G is jumping the gun or this "international HQ" is already in Davidson county ready to move downtown.  Personally I think these developers are just screwing with us to see how many announced (and not-started) projects they can get us to create on these boards.

samsonh    574

Hca wouldn't seem to fit the description in the article. This does seem a bit premature. If it's a relocation I'd expect the mayors office and other departments to be involved as well....

dxfret    135

I'm pretty certain it will be HCA.  After one full year, and absolutely nothing happening at the West End Summit, I'm sure HCA is ready to drop Alex Palmer & Co.  

satalac    488

Doubt it's Bridgestone. They have there own building off of Elm Hill Pike visible from Briley Pkwy.

Edited by satalac

nashvillwill    1269

He said "international". Last I checked HCA is, indeed, international.

Furthermore, what a developer says about a prospective tenant about being "global" or "international" or whatever should be taken with a grain of salt. Of course he wants his proposal to seem important, and he should push it as such.

timmay143    502

Nissan :P

Exciting but at the same time, the longer I've been around I can now understand how John feels, pessimistic. So many proposals die here. It would be fantastic to get some of these going!

satalac    488

Link takes me to something called local wireless. Is it the story about the governor talking at the Magnetti Marelli press conference or something else?

MLBrumby    3693

Not sure, but I think the intent behind putting the link there is to give some credence to speculation that Fiat-Chrysler might be the company referred to by Giarratana.

• Like 1

satalac    488

Link works for me.  Yes, it is the Haslam/Marchionne presser June 17 in Pulaski. Newschannel 5.

Oh ok. Yeah, that one raised some eyebrows, especially in Detroit. Not going to happen though. 

timmay143    502

Link takes me to something called local wireless. Is it the story about the governor talking at the Magnetti Marelli press conference or something else?

Weird, it does the same for me.

Yes, I was just linking the story from a few months ago about Fiat-Chrysler.

bigeasy    995

Is Nashville running the risk of turning into a Detroit by having so many jobs in the car industry? I dont' know much about what caused Detriot's fall, other than the fact that the city revolved around the auto industry. So it makes me nervous with Nashville having so many manufacturing facilities, and then maybe offices.

NashRugger    825

We have Nissan and that's it. Attempting to not get political, but the whole auto industry and Detroit was an armageddon-type storm that will take decades to recover, if ever.

Detroit and the state of Michigan will fight tooth and nail to keep their auto HQs and seriously doubt Chrysler-Fiat is in play. That said, even if they were, I would doubt a building of this size would suffice and they'd likely prefer a large site, potentially a campus-style development.

• Like 1