Bridgestone HQ 30 stories - 460' | Retail.U/C

MLBrumby

3 hours ago, Vrtigo said:

From my office in the AT&T bui... Cummins Station, It's barely starting to pop out over the MCC:

My your view is going to change so much over the next couple of years. Pretty cool that you have a front row seat. Lol I wouldn't get any work done.

Yeah, it's "supposed" to be 43' taller.  Probably just inaccuracy on the part of individuals doing the video.  It's shown as shorter in a few other renderings as well.  I'd like to see actual plans for the building.  

Strange thing about that video and this may have been brought up before but when they are highlighting buildings from each decade they highlight the new CMHoF and new Suntrust buildings as if they're from the 1960's.  The originals were built in the 60's but not the newer buildings they highlight.  This leads me to believe the individuals creating the video lack an eye for detail, with regard to history and height. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, titanhog said:

^^Just proves you can make a parking garage look nice.  We shouldn't have to settle for some of the ugly parking structures in this city.

Funny I was thinking the exact same thing.  If the owner/developer is willing to finance the extra bucks, as Bridgestone was, parking can be tastefully incorporated into the tower design instead of an exposed concrete pedestal.   

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Interesting--I hadn't noticed this before. It looks like the size of the floor plate is different starting above the red line and are recessed slightly:

Yfpmht.jpg

Not a huge design element, but should contribute a small amount of visual interest to the final product.

Edited by Vrtigo
  • Like 4

16 minutes ago, Vrtigo said:

Interesting--I hadn't noticed this before. It looks like the size of the floor plate is different starting above the red line and are recessed slightly

Not a huge design element, but should contribute a small amount of visual interest to the final product.

Is it possible that everything below the red line is all parking garage?