Bridgestone HQ 30 stories - 460' | Retail.U/C

MLBrumby

47 minutes ago, smeagolsfree said:

Thanks for all the PICs on all the threads. We have so many folks taking pictures now, that I never take y camera with me any longer.

This is just a shout out to everyone that post photos here and a big thanks as many times you don't get recognition.

A BIG THANKS! :tw_star::tw_thumbsup::tw_thumbsup::tw_love:

I second this.  Photos are the #1 reason I visit this site (or at least 1a with "new construction announcements")

• Like 2

I ate there recently and it was good, but not commensurate with the price except the soup, which was fantastic.  I wonder what will take its place in the Gulch?  Prime location.

I was hoping for a coffee shop in the Bridgestone so Bridgestoners could get a roll and some coffee on the way to the office.  Maybe they can stop at The Diner.

I'm happy to see they are doing this with the lighting. Nashville really needs some help with the skyline at night. I agree about the building in Dallas. I think the Regions banks building would look good like that. Essentially when it first opened up until the mid 90's the top of the building was lit up. I also think that Cincinnati has a beautiful skyline at night. I wish the TN Tower could be lit at night. I think even it it was lit with simple flood lights like the Carew Tower in Cincinnati that it would really stand out. Since it is a state building I know it will never happen. 

Screen Shot 2016-11-02 at 9.56.35 AM.jpg

Screen Shot 2016-11-02 at 9.57.09 AM.jpg

2 hours ago, donNdonelson2 said:

Photo from last night. A mock-up demonstration by a lighting designer friend for the good folks at Bridgestone. Nice to know they are looking into a dramatic lighting feature for the building's fins!

image.jpeg

So does your lighting designer friend have an info as to why so many of the buildings in Nashville are not lit and why the Batman is only partially lit compared to how it used to be lit when it was the Bellsouth building?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, TNinVB said:

Also, I hope that 505CST has some sort of lighting on the top. Not really sure what could be done, but a little something would be better than nothing in my opinion. 

An LED Halo could be done, since we are almost certain there will be a lip of some kind around the top. I'd be fine with that and it would be pretty cheap to do (in the scheme of things).

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On November 2, 2016 at 9:04 AM, TNinVB said:

I'm happy to see they are doing this with the lighting. Nashville really needs some help with the skyline at night. I agree about the building in Dallas. I think the Regions banks building would look good like that. Essentially when it first opened up until the mid 90's the top of the building was lit up. I also think that Cincinnati has a beautiful skyline at night. I wish the TN Tower could be lit at night. I think even it it was lit with simple flood lights like the Carew Tower in Cincinnati that it would really stand out. Since it is a state building I know it will never happen. 

Screen Shot 2016-11-02 at 9.56.35 AM.jpg

Screen Shot 2016-11-02 at 9.57.09 AM.jpg

So does your lighting designer friend have an info as to why so many of the buildings in Nashville are not lit and why the Batman is only partially lit compared to how it used to be lit when it was the Bellsouth building?

I'd say the main reason why so many buildings aren't lit, or even poorly lit, is due to cost.  However, costs have steadily come down and overall mindset in our city is improving.

As far as Bellsouth, my understanding is that its so poorly done for a few reasons.  1-See above, cost.  2-IMO, Poor design.  3-Poor install.  Looks to me like fixtures are poorly aimed. 

Batman is a really, really unfortunate lighting job considering its impact on our skyline.  It could, and should, be so much better.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, TNinVB said:

I agree about the Batman building. It looks so dim now. It looked good when it was the Bellsouth building. If the lights that ship up the slant of the roof and the lights across the bridge were turned on it would make a big difference. Is this at&t's doing or the owner of the building?

Such a big difference from when it was the Bellsouth tower.

5c45befc68d580e1e7f9450fe08fc231.jpg

vfiles11416.jpg

Not sure who made what decision, but what I can tell you is that the lighting system in the Bellsouth photo was most likely removed completely.  It would have been replaced with the lighting system in the AT&T photo (LED).  Lighting the Batman in LED is absolutely the thing to do.  Doing it that poorly is beyond unfortunate. 

• Like 2

I think the lighting scheme for the most part is the same as Bellsouth with the exception of the lights at the bottom of the slanted roof shining up towards the logo and the lights that went across the top of the bridge. The LED lighting makes it appear so dim but I guess if the light cans were angled correctly it would make a difference. The lights barely shine half way up at the base of the spires.

Also to be fair, I think the picture I posted of the current lighting scheme was when the lights were being updated to LED. I remember some of the lights were out near the tops of the spires for some time.