Bridgestone HQ 30 stories - 460' | Retail.U/C

MLBrumby

I agree about the Empire State building. The LED lighting is really nice. Do you know who owns the at&t tower? 

Here is a picture of my Golden Gate Bridge tower model with some LED's lighting it up. It's funny how much lighting can have an effect on a structure.....even a tiny model. :tw_blush:

IMG_2310.JPG

Edited by TNinVB

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, SoundScan said:

Still funny to me that the building has more levels for parking than for actual office space, especially now that they're over capacity before the building is even complete.

Agreed; is it structurally impossible at this point to add roughly 5 more floors if the occupant request more sq'?  To an observer it seems as easy as to just keep going with the forms, concrete and glass after floor 30 is poured.  I'm sure all the floors have the same floor plans, so any additional floor would keep the same floor plan as the originally planned floors so no major design changes.  Yes it increases construction cost, but I would think those cost would be adsorbed by Bridgestone's price per sq' lease agreement?  Am I missing something here; are the footers not strong enough for additional floors?

2 hours ago, dmillsphoto said:

I do wonder, knowing they are over capacity, if they can decide to add 3-4 floors between now and completion.

11 minutes ago, L'burgnative said:

Agreed; is it structurally impossible at this point to add roughly 5 more floors if the occupant request more sq'?

Unless the structure was designed to accommodate this it would be very difficult. Virtually all of the building systems are designed to a set number of floors, elevation, or leasable space, including the curtain walls, elevators, plumbing and fire protection, HVAC, etc. At the very least it would probably entail a redesign (and reconstruction) of at least some lower floors. Highwoods would be better off trying to convert some of the car hole to leasable space, at least those floors are already accounted for in the building's M/E/P systems.

• Like 1

I thought there were only ten above ground parking levels? The cut out in the corner of the building is where the office levels begin. And with that being said plus what I have counted it looks like they are on the 20th floor. Keep in mind there is still the roof and the fins. 

Edited by TNinVB
  • Like 1

11 levels of above grade parking plus 4 levels below grade, 18 levels of office space, 1 level for lobby/retail/BOH/loading docks. So, slight exaggeration on my part but point still stands--an abnormal amount of total space dedicated to the automobile for a building this size.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...