Bridgestone HQ 30 stories - 460' | Retail.U/C

MLBrumby

Yeah, and while they're at it, maybe their headquarters design will be as iconic as Manhattan's Chrysler building.  Wishful thinking, I know.

Ok I got it to work now , who knows this could be something , if Chrysler were to relocate, I wouldn't want them anywhere else but downtown Nashville!

Edited by bwithers1

Is Nashville running the risk of turning into a Detroit by having so many jobs in the car industry? I dont' know much about what caused Detriot's fall, other than the fact that the city revolved around the auto industry. So it makes me nervous with Nashville having so many manufacturing facilities, and then maybe offices.

Not at all. Nashville's economy is actually very diverse, which is one of the reasons it did rather well compared to other cities during the recession. Nashville also has healthcare, music and publishing as major economic industries. Not only did Detroit have most of it's eggs in a basket, their local government is notoriously corrupt and horribly lead. That being said, I don't see Chrysler moving their HQ here. The whole Magnetti Marelli thing was blown way out of proportion by our lovely local media. 

• Like 1

Love Nashville as I do, I'm actually not too sure I'd want to steal Fiat-Chrysler away from Detroit (though a fresh rendering of a shiny new tower might quickly change that sentiment!)  Though it still has mammoth issues, many of them institutionalized, to sort out, Detroit really is, for the first time in decades, slowly but surely starting to make positive strides in the right direction.  The only thing worse than kicking a man while he's down is kicking a man who has been down for a long time and is recovered enough to the point that he can start the process of getting back up again. 

• Like 3

Not to be Debbie Downer or anything, but of all of the "mixed use" towers we have seen proposed over the years, has a single on ever been built? I'm trying to think of one, but I can't.

While I share you pessimism on this subject, I have to admit that if anything like this is going to be built, it's right now. I don't remember downtown growing so much as it is right now. Even before the recession hit. I have a feeling that one, if not two of the towers that Tony has planned here breaks ground (and not in the Alex Palmer way of breaking ground....). 

I've asked this question before, but not sure if there was ever a clear answer. Were the residents of Encore ever offered the right to purchase air rights? And I so, would this infringe upon them?

If the answer is no, and this has yet to be done in Nashville, is it time for us to begin thinking about such a measure?

My early take on this is it is just a rendering to put on a tripod for a presentation for HCA. I would be surprised if there was any advanced communication going on. It's a start, however, and you never know where it might go from here.

Agreed.  I think we see either this tower OR WES, not both.

I've asked this question before, but not sure if there was ever a clear answer. Were the residents of Encore ever offered the right to purchase air rights? And I so, would this infringe upon them?

If the answer is no, and this has yet to be done in Nashville, is it time for us to begin thinking about such a measure?

I really doubt they were, especially with it being Nashville, it probably never even came up. I'll ask my friend who used to be on the board there.

Agreed.  I think we see either this tower OR WES, not both.

I just don't know if it's an either/or kind of thing. I don't see HCA wanting this one due to what they wanted out of WES. Not sure if they can fit all that they need to in what Tony is offering. And it's odd that he said it was an international corporation when as far as I know the only international operation is in the UK. 

Edited by satalac

Wow...I must admit, if I had to choose between the two I'd go with 505CST, but this is a very handsome building and I hope this gets built!!!

Basically how I feel.

I like 505 a little more as a unique building (and the location), but this definitely a winner in the design department.

As for the question of which buildings/developments end up coming to fruition, I'm going to stay positive and let the chips fall where they will. All I know is that barring disaster, we should be happy with the growth of our skyline a decade from now.