MLBrumby

Bridgestone HQ 30 stories - 460' | Retail.U/C

881 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, arkitekte said:

It could be back lit, or reverse lit. Each channel letter might have lighting within to create a halo or a back lit effect to reflect off of the white background or the letters themselves will glow due to a plexi face on each channel letter. 

Haha I figured you would know. Thanks for explaining. I was like how are they going to light up the black letters???

I have another question that you might be able to answer arkitekte. What are the large pieces at the very top of the fins? Are they just for structural support? They just seem rather large. They almost remind he of the housing for a retractable awning. 

I hope this pic explains what I am talking about. They almost look like they are going to form a lip at the top of the fins. Could these contain the LED light fixtures?

Screen Shot 2017-05-19 at 4.08.22 PM.jpg

Edited by TNinVB

1 hour ago, chris holman said:

The Pinnacle building next to Bridgestone has black letters but they light up at night themselves

Hmmm, I just realized how similar Pinnacle's and Bridgestone's logos are.

23 hours ago, TNinVB said:

Haha I figured you would know. Thanks for explaining. I was like how are they going to light up the black letters???

I have another question that you might be able to answer arkitekte. What are the large pieces at the very top of the fins? Are they just for structural support? They just seem rather large. They almost remind he of the housing for a retractable awning. 

I hope this pic explains what I am talking about. They almost look like they are going to form a lip at the top of the fins. Could these contain the LED light fixtures?

I'm not sure, but probably a combination of things. There's probably a bit of lateral structural support to strengthen the connection of the steel members that make up the fins. They also look to maybe double as maintenance platforms. 

1 person likes this

7 hours ago, arkitekte said:

I'm not sure, but probably a combination of things. There's probably a bit of lateral structural support to strengthen the connection of the steel members that make up the fins. They also look to maybe double as maintenance platforms. 

Ah maintenance platforms. That makes sense as well. I'm sure they will have a mechanical system like the Pinnacle to clean the facade. Then again they may just use the guy that was painting the sign. He doesn't seem to care about heights.