Bridgestone HQ 30 stories - 460' | Retail.U/C

MLBrumby

1 hour ago, arkitekte said:

It could be back lit, or reverse lit. Each channel letter might have lighting within to create a halo or a back lit effect to reflect off of the white background or the letters themselves will glow due to a plexi face on each channel letter. 

Haha I figured you would know. Thanks for explaining. I was like how are they going to light up the black letters???

I have another question that you might be able to answer arkitekte. What are the large pieces at the very top of the fins? Are they just for structural support? They just seem rather large. They almost remind he of the housing for a retractable awning. 

I hope this pic explains what I am talking about. They almost look like they are going to form a lip at the top of the fins. Could these contain the LED light fixtures?

Screen Shot 2017-05-19 at 4.08.22 PM.jpg

Edited by TNinVB

23 hours ago, TNinVB said:

Haha I figured you would know. Thanks for explaining. I was like how are they going to light up the black letters???

I have another question that you might be able to answer arkitekte. What are the large pieces at the very top of the fins? Are they just for structural support? They just seem rather large. They almost remind he of the housing for a retractable awning. 

I hope this pic explains what I am talking about. They almost look like they are going to form a lip at the top of the fins. Could these contain the LED light fixtures?

I'm not sure, but probably a combination of things. There's probably a bit of lateral structural support to strengthen the connection of the steel members that make up the fins. They also look to maybe double as maintenance platforms. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, arkitekte said:

I'm not sure, but probably a combination of things. There's probably a bit of lateral structural support to strengthen the connection of the steel members that make up the fins. They also look to maybe double as maintenance platforms. 

Ah maintenance platforms. That makes sense as well. I'm sure they will have a mechanical system like the Pinnacle to clean the facade. Then again they may just use the guy that was painting the sign. He doesn't seem to care about heights. 

• 2 weeks later...
46 minutes ago, TNinVB said:

I noticed that the Bridgestone sign is up on the other side now. Are the fins finished? 

For some reason I can't get this to work on my MacBook any longer. I'm using Safari as I always have. I can click the play button but nothing appears. Odd. 

Yeah...I can't get it to work on Safari.  I'm only getting it to open through Firefox.

• Like 1

I am guessing the lights inside are brighter than what it will look like when finished? I only say that because maybe the brightness of the inside detracted from the exterior lighting. Or maybe I just had a bad angle Saturday night, but I didn't think the lighting really stood out. I could see it from Ascend fine but even then it looked to be very dull. Then when I started walking towards Rolling Mills the lighting became much more difficult to see.

I'm just wondering if the top fins will be lit. LA_TN and I were talking and he doesn't think they are going to be. I hope that's not the case. 

1 hour ago, chris holman said:

The lights did seem very dim but I would still take it. It's nice to have a building that's animated with a night Light show or anything, In this city we need more creativity in our buildings especially them being lit up at night

I agree with you considering it seems that more buildings are not lit any longer that used to be. From the Fox17 cams it appears that the UBS tower and 5th3rd center are no longer lit at the top. Still holding my breath for 505. 

• Like 1