Bridgestone HQ 30 stories - 460' | Retail.U/C

MLBrumby

I think we all knew when they told us the size of this structure and how many it would fit...then learned more than that were either already working for Bridgestone in Nashville or were about to start working here...that it was a bit of a blunder on their part.  Of course, I won't hold it against them if they just decide to rent this building out as spec space and start that new 60 story tower. ;)

• Like 4

This may have already been answered in the past, or maybe no one knows yet, but since Bridgestone didn't make this building large enough for all their employees where will they put the ones who can't fit? Are they keeping their old building near the airport? 

6 minutes ago, Pdt2f said:

This may have already been answered in the past, or maybe no one knows yet, but since Bridgestone didn't make this building large enough for all their employees where will they put the ones who can't fit? Are they keeping their old building near the airport? 

They've already moved some of them into an old Sears in Antioch.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, thenorthchannel said:

IMO they were brighter last night.  The lights also changed colors, which when viewed from Ascend gave the illusion that the lights were dancing to the music.  

I saw this last night around 10:30 as I was taking the loop around downtown. They definitely seemed brighter and hard to miss, and I would swear the lights were moving on the fins -- very similar to how the colors revolve at the Adventure Science Center. I'm curious to see if this is a permanent effect or just a one-night trial run.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, TNinVB said:

I'm glad to hear that the roof portion of the fins were lit up and that it was brighter. I just checked the News 2's cam from the ASC and they don't look lit at the moment. Anyone know why the lights for the Omni aren't turned on anymore?

I think they must only use those on special occasions.  Personally, I wish they'd put a message on there every night so kids could grow up remembering seeing the words scroll by on some building downtown.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, titanhog said:

I think they must only use those on special occasions.  Personally, I wish they'd put a message on there every night so kids could grow up remembering seeing the words scroll by on some building downtown.

It's seeming like the Tri-Brand Marriott will be tall enough to block the view of the Omni lights from the interstate...

Also, I've been near the Bridgestone at night twice in the last week and the lights definitely look brighter.

• Like 2