Bridgestone HQ 30 stories - 460' | Retail.U/C

MLBrumby

With such low vacancy rates shouldn't it be very easy to find someone to fill the space? For buildings like this would they typically want one business to take up 50% or so of the space? Or would they be ok with lots of small businesses taking up small amounts of sq. feet? 

I am excited about the future of Nashville, especially the Sobro area, but this may be one of my favorite developments. I think it would be HUGE for Nashville if they could have a corporate relocation to the area, especially if it was not in an industry we are already known for. Has Nashville had a large company relocate to the core lately, or at all? It could help promote Nashville as a viable option for future Fortune 500 companies, and hopefully increase the focus on core development/infrastructure. 

Great news about Sheet Music; however, are there any conversations going on about improving the infrastructure? I work downtown in the AT&T tower and live in Green Hills and It is literally taking me over an hour to get to my office in the mornings and an hour or more to get home. I don't see any efforts to improve the traffic flows into and out of downtown. It's terrible and getting worse. My quality of life has diminished considerably since I moved my office downtown and once my lease is up, I will more than likely move it outside the Central Business district. Given the current state of the infrastructure, I don’t recommend companies moving downtown until the city is better equipped to handle the growth. The quality of life for your associates will be diminished.

• Like 2

Great news about Sheet Music; however, are there any conversations going on about improving the infrastructure? I work downtown in the AT&T tower and live in Green Hills and It is literally taking me over an hour to get to my office in the mornings and an hour or more to get home. I don't see any efforts to improve the traffic flows into and out of downtown. It's terrible and getting worse. My quality of life has diminished considerably since I moved my office downtown and once my lease is up, I will more than likely move it outside the Central Business district. Given the current state of the infrastructure, I don’t recommend companies moving downtown until the city is better equipped to handle the growth. The quality of life for your associates will be diminished.

The infrastructure will always be strained if everyone is commuting from the suburbs. It's not a sustainable model.

Edited by gannman
  • Like 2

So, is Bridgestone not an option now as a major occupant?

Why not?

My initial thoughts were that Sheet Music was rejected by Bridgestone and Tony G went to plan B to get it sold.

After thinking about it some more, there may be another scenario at work here....Bridgestone told Tony, they want to be in the building, but only want 15-20 floors. So Tony has gotten expert help to fill out the rest of the building and get his financing.

I hope it's the latter.

• Like 3

With the need for large chunks of office space, I could definitely see 36-41. If Bridgestone fills about half, that leaves some nice sizable chunks for other relocations and expansions.

It really depends on who else is looking downtown as to whether or not we see one tall, one short, two short, or two tall towers.

With the need for large chunks of office space, I could definitely see 36-41. If Bridgestone fills about half, that leaves some nice sizable chunks for other relocations and expansions.

It really depends on who else is looking downtown as to whether or not we see one tall, one short, two short, or two tall towers.

If it is generally 3-4 million dollars per floor, one had better fill all the floors, or that is a lot of money sitting on the table.

If it is generally 3-4 million dollars per floor, one had better fill all the floors, or that is a lot of money sitting on the table.

That's presumably why you bring someone like Highwoods on board. We need space to grow and attract. We simply don't have that in the DT market.

• 3 weeks later...

Hmmm...I wonder what this means?  Will they still build Sheet Music...or do they have something else in mind?

Inquiring minds want to know. 

Edited by titanhog

Very interesting development for sure. It could mean they are going to move ahead with an office building at that location sooner rather than later. We will have to wait and see if it will be the same design.

As for what it means for Tony, well, it may be the start of a push to get 505 going. Maybe he is assembling the cash needed to start the project.

• Like 1