Bridgestone HQ 30 stories - 460' | Retail.U/C

MLBrumby

A friend of mine has a condo in the Encore and has a view of the terrace dedicated to her parents at the CMHOF and is worried she will lose the view.  Unfortunately I think she is going to be disappointed.  

She was supposed to never have that view anyways, but the recession cancelled plans for Encore 2 on this very lot. Just goes to show that most places in the urban core are never guaranteed views.

• Like 1

I don't think there is any way the JWMarriott comes close to approaching the 600 foot mark.  Still though, a very impressive list of projects!

Well...let's speculate for a moment.  The 25 story office building next to it will probably be at least 300'.  It appears to be just over half as tall as the JWM...but let's say it will be ⅔ height of JWM.  That would put the JWM at 450' (right?...not great at math)...conservatively.  

So...I'm hoping for something close to 500'.  I agree that 600' would be a stretch for a 35 story hotel.

As for Sheet Music...if it stays at 41 stories (guess we may find out today)...it should easily be at least 500'-600'.

41 stories with 11 stories of speculation makes it harder for the office building for the convention center development and the office building for the Turnberry development. I would rather have a 30-story bridgestone building with 2 other office buildings built rather than 41 stories with a less likely chance for the other two developments. 

Just speculation on my part, but if the reduction of floors was due to Bridgestone's request to be the buildings only tenant then there management sounds to be a reflection of there product. Arrogant/overpriced and a load of crap.  My Nissan I drive came stock with Bridgestone's and I've now thrown them in the same category with Goodyear; CRAP that will never be on another vehicle I own.

Let's see, OKC's Devon Tower is 50 floors and 850ft and is the sole tenant. 30-41 floors could be anywhere from 500-700ft, granted 8-10 of that would be parking, so you can't lop off a good 50ft from that. Oh well, either way, we'll have something taller than Pinnacle. I'm guessing this'll land at the #2 spot for the city and state in the height department.

Let's see, OKC's Devon Tower is 50 floors and 850ft and is the sole tenant. 30-41 floors could be anywhere from 500-700ft, granted 8-10 of that would be parking, so you can't lop off a good 50ft from that. Oh well, either way, we'll have something taller than Pinnacle. I'm guessing this'll land at the #2 spot for the city and state in the height department.

From what I've heard about Devon, it has unusually tall floor plates. Don't know if that's true or not.  

From what I've heard about Devon, it has unusually tall floor plates. Don't know if that's true or not.  

I think it is but not by much. That said, being the sole tenant and arrogance of that enormous tower sure is something to behold and sets the bar pretty high for corporate HQ skyscrapers in America now.

I just wonder if Bridgestone is thinking big enough for the future?  Maybe all they would ever need is just over 500k...but it would make sense to go out to their outer limits and rent the rest until they need it.

Plus...if they have any ego at all, they've got to one-up JWMarriott at the presser today by going at least 36 floors...right?  :dontknow:

• Like 1