Bridgestone HQ 30 stories - 460' | Retail.U/C

MLBrumby

So is this just another Giarratana proposal that will never happen? I kinda wish he would just get one of them started before going onto the next high-rise.

I couldn't agree more.  The suspense is killing me!  So many lofty, high-minded proposals on the table in this city and yet it seems like so few of them are actually under construction at the moment. 

Why would any international HQ move to Davidson county without some ridiculous incentive like everyone else is getting?  I think either Tony G is jumping the gun or this "international HQ" is already in Davidson county ready to move downtown.  Personally I think these developers are just screwing with us to see how many announced (and not-started) projects they can get us to create on these boards.

He said "international". Last I checked HCA is, indeed, international.

Furthermore, what a developer says about a prospective tenant about being "global" or "international" or whatever should be taken with a grain of salt. Of course he wants his proposal to seem important, and he should push it as such.

Is Nashville running the risk of turning into a Detroit by having so many jobs in the car industry? I dont' know much about what caused Detriot's fall, other than the fact that the city revolved around the auto industry. So it makes me nervous with Nashville having so many manufacturing facilities, and then maybe offices.

We have Nissan and that's it. Attempting to not get political, but the whole auto industry and Detroit was an armageddon-type storm that will take decades to recover, if ever.

Detroit and the state of Michigan will fight tooth and nail to keep their auto HQs and seriously doubt Chrysler-Fiat is in play. That said, even if they were, I would doubt a building of this size would suffice and they'd likely prefer a large site, potentially a campus-style development.

• Like 1