Bridgestone HQ 30 stories - 460' | Retail.U/C

MLBrumby

2 hours ago, fieldmarshaldj said:

If they hadn't been so scared to break 500', which is a bizarre psychological barrier in our fair city, this all wouldn't be an issue.

I've finally put it together; I understand now.  This is Music City...home of the Tennessee Flat Top Box (a short little ditty).

Edited by tragenvol
  • Like 2

Thanks for posting. This thing is beginning to look like quite a beast. Any of our architects here care to speculate if more floors are being added?  Would that even be possible under the original zoning permit? Reason for my question.... hasn't the floor count already exceeded the stated (planned) number? 

Maybe they'll pull a Chrysler Tower spire, and push it up at the last moment. LOL

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Vrtigo said:

Huh.

Well, I had thought it was topped out, but now they are making me wonder. The concrete pumps had disappeared earlier in the week, but now one is back atop what looks like another floor. Maybe there will be a large atrium area inside the fins? If nothing else, this gives some credit to the theory that those fins will be pretty massive...

JZuPWaGjWN3qQfArbOhNTVlE-ORguhQkce4MbzOnGbQEdm2qIN8ym1cco3nPJ9WcNCVEetl_qdtwhN63OlwfqI9hDp5MuNJZC7pRKMTmfEIMJhqWOd1S4nkLO_3UGhPg7PQBXdFRvrtWLFdNdMhnF8GiVEn0SOiJMJLuyL3AL2xPPh5gs1em3-615aND31Fulcry1ozEtudt4k5fPx0dtUFlIQXVguofquKSGX3yP5m44JBV8gYHIfjeYmc5e81wNPpjN_yQlWuBoJ1vV2Z6k_uSiCiXBaU7dysrEu_0UX5ApT26WNA30GpeUZ4fj3UL7QlEXGGB6Bc8e2C3MICFNkrMld2B4dSKnZNdRWZE9al4jSo6VW-VfxKobTo0qtOQGAyepeS9FoXsW7tbGCJt-IxxJi5GXK5PhVLu4gcAQ4XyeS4Hy348_YCiSFlCAxzJOLy2tkNBxVYhyZZb-qpMO9WLUqw4_D-uVTJM3Yn0xhYWyjyIjSm1eKJhclrmAl8O6Bg0D6DnvuBaM5WmW5GwXXJyVk1xr9AYFq8oqWonRbXvmSOFTn1X3y9e1RP9pOLQilpFkzfo3BlrHjDjiJKITL9iz1-mJhPVTda3FkyTefyQRf7tl07ciQ=w1093-h820-no

Looks like a housing to handle air units and other stuff.  The spikes are already up for the top fins.  That's as tall as it's getting. 

• Like 2

In some of the rendering you can see a structure on the roof just behind the fins that matches the orange color in the lobby and the cut out in the middle of the building. Perhaps it is mechanical space.

Screen Shot 2017-03-10 at 1.22.29 PM.jpg

Edited by TNinVB
  • Like 4

11 hours ago, titanhog said:

If you look at the render from the side, it appears the center and east side "thirds" are taller than the west side third.  Not sure if that's occupied floors or what...but it does appear there's at least a floor or more to go on those.

RCAMdie.png

Don't let the angle of this rendering deceive you. Each of the "thirds" are the same height. The angle and offset at the top is what is "fooling" you. Remember, the top 3 stories of the outside "thirds" have an offset while the center "third" does not. Only 2 of 3 stories (offsets) are visible in the rendering

This is a very difficult rendering to digest. Go back and look closely at the last pics I posted to see the offsets

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LA_TN said:

Don't let the angle of this rendering deceive you. Each of the "thirds" are the same height. The angle and offset at the top is what is "fooling" you. Remember, the top 3 stories of the outside "thirds" have an offset while the center "third" does not. Only 2 of 3 stories (offsets) are visible in the rendering

This is a very difficult rendering to digest. Go back and look closely at the last pics I posted to see the offsets

Yeah...it's hard for me to picture it in my head. :huh:

Bridgestone top.jpg

On 3/10/2017 at 10:47 PM, LA_TN said:

After looking at this photo that Flatrock took (hope you don't mind me borrowing)...are you sure that all levels will be the same?  It looks like the east and center "thirds" are higher than the top of the west "third."

Photo courtesy of Flatrock

20170312_175722.thumb.jpg.9d674f111bfb082682eb57ca02e0eb96.jpg

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, titanhog said:

After looking at this photo that Flatrock took (hope you don't mind me borrowing)...are you sure that all levels will be the same?  It looks like the east and center "thirds" are higher than the top of the west "third."

Photo courtesy of Flatrock

20170312_175722.thumb.jpg.9d674f111bfb082682eb57ca02e0eb96.jpg

All three "thirds" will be the same height. The confusion in this pic is the mechanical structure on top is visible - just ignore that

I think you're correct that the occupied structure height is the same for all "thirds," however I believe the curtain wall will in fact extend higher in two sections to cover the mechanical penthouse. It seems pretty clear to me from the rendering when counting fin sections or drawing lines across the curtain wall.