Bridgestone HQ 30 stories - 460' | Retail.U/C

MLBrumby

^I hope your right. It also could mean they want the extra room to build some sort of attached parking garage also, instead of building on top of a parking garage like the current Sheet Music design. Whatever the case, I'm feeling pretty confident that Highwoods wouldn't disappoint, and will go big, but it certainly wouldn't be the first time we've been let down.  

Since Highwoods will be doing this project, I suspect they may open this tower up to a good amount of spec space. I hope so anyway. They will want to get the biggest bang for their buck for sure. I hope they can end up maxing out the height of this tower. They already have a huge leasing pool to pull from.

• Like 4

I wonder if Highwoods is going to stick with one of the original designs from Perkins & Will, or do a complete redesign? Also, that NBJ article said that Bridgestone has 1800 employees. Is there really that many employees in that building off Briley, or are they scattered though out other buildings I'm not aware of? Bringing another 1800 workers into downtown would have a pretty significant impact. Especially if a bunch of those workers decide they want to live downtown as well. 

Pinnacle is 520,000sqft...so unless Bridgestone is wanting to be the only tenant, and since there is now speculation Bridgestone may want even more than 400k, you would think the square footage would be more than Pinnacle.  Pinnacle is 29 floors and 417'...and with a huge footprint.

You have to think this will be at least as tall as Pinnacle, if not quite a bit taller.  As Hey_Hey said...maybe it could end up being a new tallest if they decide to add a bunch more spec space.

And...with talk that one reason Bridgestone wouldn't go with Emery and the old CC site is because they can't start until next summer...you have to think Highwoods will have to break ground not long after Christmas to meet Bridgestone's 2017 deadline...meaning we will hopefully get a design before the end of the year.

• Like 3

I think something to consider as far as spec is concerned is how much the lease rate will be. Bridgestone is going to get a better deal to be lured downtown, but what does the rest of the space go for? 

Honestly - anything that goes up I will be happy with - even if it's another 400 footer.

Nothing really much to add. I liked most of the recent posts. One reason I am looking for a job downtown is to be close to all of this action whether it be the Sobro, Westin, 505 CST, Convention Center Rehabilitation, the Amphitheater, The Ball Park, or Sheet Music.

I am stuck in the bowels of Antioch in a mostly abandoned office park. There is nothing much around here but crime, poverty, and abandoned buildings. I want to be where the action is!!!!

• Like 2

Nothing really much to add. I liked most of the recent posts. One reason I am looking for a job downtown is to be close to all of this action whether it be the Sobro, Westin, 505 CST, Convention Center Rehabilitation, the Amphitheater, The Ball Park, or Sheet Music.

I am stuck in the bowels of Antioch in a mostly abandoned office park. There is nothing much around here but crime, poverty, and abandoned buildings. I want to be where the action is!!!!

I thought that you worked at Harding/White Bridge?  Anyway, there is a 300+acre development that might be coming your way.  Think of the shopping you could do on your lunch break. :offtopic:

Edited by bwithers1

^^^ :rofl: Sounds like your already right in the middle of all the "action" that your wallet allows; why leave that? 

On subject; what do y'all think about a potential new tallest in SoBro rather than the CBD?  I think it may be odd at first but over time I could see the CBD, SoBro, Gulch, Music Row and West End's boundaries growing together (which I think we're seeing the beginning stages of) and all being considered the CBD.

Edited by L'burgnative

^^^ :rofl: Sounds like your already right in the middle of all the "action" that your wallet allows; why leave that? 

On subject; what do y'all think about a potential new tallest in SoBro rather than the CBD?  I think it may be odd at first but over time I could see the CBD, SoBro, Gulch, Music Row and West End's boundaries growing together (which I think we're seeing the beginning stages of) and all being considered the CBD.

I say, let Highwoods and Tony duke it out on who is going to go higher.  Tony announces that 505 is going to be 750ft...then Highwoods announces that the Bridgestone Tower will be 760ft.  Then Tony ups his to 770...and the race is on!  :yahoo:

• Like 4