Town Center needs a Welcoming CinemaPLEX

Harry Strait

I always thought it would be nice to have a more modern downtown Cinema PLex with spot lights and a grand Digital Marquis to blend in with the thriving town center!. its becoming downtown and a modern cinema complex is in demand... Maybe they can buy out the Verizon lot and move the movie theatre complex to the left next to Central Park. My vision would be a 4 story Cinema complex with a LED fountain to make it more inviting Maybe at the other end of Main street they can have the Grand Cinema Complex with another Fountain with a sculpture with Med sized Sculpture and different colored LED lights..Columbus Movies is just too blahh and out of place..

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well...they do have the theater at Columbus Station, and I think it has 8 or 10 screens (checks)...12 actually. I don't know what they'd have to do to upgrade, but I'd go with that. The Lynnhaven AMC theater would be a nice model to go after...I think Columbus at least has stadium seating.

But a CineBistro type of venue would be awesome for Town Center...I'd go with the old Builders Square/HQ building on the other side of Independence...

I always thought it would be nice to have a more modern downtown Cinema PLex with spot lights and a grand Digital Marquis to blend in with the thriving town center!. its becoming downtown and a modern cinema complex is in demand... Maybe they can buy out the Verizon lot and move the movie theatre complex to the left next to Central Park. My vision would be a 4 story Cinema complex with a LED fountain to make it more inviting Maybe at the other end of Main street they can have the Grand Cinema Complex with another Fountain with a sculpture with Med sized Sculpture and different colored LED lights..Columbus Movies is just too blahh and out of place..

Something similar to this was actually part of the original town center plans if I recall correctly. Don't know why they abandoned it but it would have been a real draw.

VB needs something like Angelika, which they recently opened near my house in Falls Church. It's awesome! They have high quality, not what you'd expect refreshments, include a bar area, and play a lot more independent films in addition to big blockbuster ones.

http://angelikafilmcenter.com/ANGELIKA_ABOUT.ASP?hID=3854&ID=84&page=ABOUT%20ANGELIKA%20MOSAIC

• 4 months later...

I heard by a friend that works in town center that Block 9 will be like the cheesecake factory block but will consist of a Cinema Complex on the top floor.. This should be a pretty interesting development. I thought it was going to be a midsize tower but we are due for a downtown cinema complex to draw the crowds in. Columbus movies is outdated and news to be replaced with a expansion of town center to the east.

It would be neat to get a nice independent high end theater such as this one. I visited with a friend once in Fairfax and it was really nice. This one was on a ground floor building in a town center but having one on top would be nice. 

<iframe src="https://www.flickr.com/photos/67448860@N03/12916547823/player/4a80f46145" height="294" width="500"  frameborder="0" allowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen oallowfullscreen msallowfullscreen></iframe>

Ahh, RJWGU beat me to it a few posts above! It's a great theater for sure!

Archived