Patrick Cannon...Charlotte's new --> old mayor

cltbwimob

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 months later...

Question answered. 

It's a shame that Peacock can't even be appointed.  I wonder who gets the nod.  I'm guessing Michael Barnes or Daivd Howard (I would prefer Howard, but his real estate connections probably make him toxic at this point)

I'd really like to see Pat Mumford, but I suspect he is still a registered Republican. 

I find that law that allows the City Council to appoint the next mayor to be horribly inapporpriate, especially in circumstances when there are corruption charges pending.  Clearly there has to be some concern that some council members are tainted as well. 

CBJ says it could be Roberts (although the evidence is flimsy)

http://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/blog/going_green/2014/03/could-former-county-commission-chairwoman-jennifer.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

She is owed a favor since she took on the 9th district suicide mission for the party.

I vote for Jennifer Robertd!

Woah WCNC had a story where they accused him 3 times in 3 interviews since 2002 to 2010 being corrupt and interviewing him if he used his title inappropriately.

2 was over his parking lots, the other they interviewed him if he used his influence as head of HTA to get taxi contracts for 2 taxi companies a part of HTA

I have always had a problem with him and those damned parking lots.    What is sad is that I always figured that he wouldn't have risen in power if there had been conflicts of interest, but it always bugged me because the parking lots themselves bugged me.   Then he declined to run against Patty McCheese for 'personal reasons' that seemed mysterious, but that seemed like maybe because of the mentorship thing.   Now, I wonder just how much Pat McCrory mentored him, or whether this is actually McCrory's people knowing Cannon had a soft spot and putting the investigators on the hunt.  

Archived